4 - civil

CW: mentions of bullying

Your POV

Remember when you said you tried to shut your thoughts down and sleep? Yeah, didn't work. 

You were rolling around on your bed for what seemed like forever, and right as you were about to sleep, you felt this massive urge to pee. And when you got up to pee, you couldn't sleep again. 

Sasha was fast asleep, snoring and all, and you didn't want to wake her up. That was when your stomach started rumbling.

You craved ramen. 

Of course, thanks to your lovely luck, you were out of ramen. All you could hear was ramen ramen ramen, so you went out to the nearest grocery store- which is ten minutes away by cycle- and ended up here. 

You don't know if you regret your decision of coming here or not.

"Probably has it easy."

Now, that stung. He could call you an ugly bitch for all you care, but how dare he assume you have it easy just because you're an aspiring actress? You work your ass off for what you do. You barely make ends meet. Just because your profession is unconventional, it doesn't mean you're privileged. 

"You don't know that," his friend says. 

You like his friend. At least he seems to have a bunch of braincells left.

"Well, she did seem like that. She drank the previous night. Who the fuck does that? Get wasted the night before a shooting as a rookie?"

You scoff to yourself. The audacity of this bitch--

"And she's fucking nosy, too, not gonna lie."

Nosy? Oh, he's one to talk.

"And she called me, what, ignorant? Obnoxious? Jerk? And she didn't even know shit about me. If we were just throwing names around, I'd call her entitled and self-centred and lowkey annoying."

Entitled? Seriously?

"Damn, that's harsh," his friend says again. He seems pretty sweet. You wonder why sweet people befriend motherfuckers like this piss-bag.

"Well, so is the condition of my car, so." 

You're appalled. Totally speechless. And you remain standing as you are when he comes into your view along with his blond friend, caught frozen like a deer in headlights. 

He stares at you, and you're sure he can tell you're fuming right now. It's taking everything in you to not throw the shin-ramyun in your hand straight at his face. 

It's fine. You're gonna be the bigger person. You will just turn around, and walk away. Yeah, that's it. Walking away. Good. You don't need to go knock some sense into his brain. You have nothing to do with him. If he wants to be little, he can be little. 

You're the bigger person here. Ha. 

"Why aren't you saying anything? Are you dumb?" Their laughs grow louder. I'm stuck to the ground, my head hung low. I fiddle with the edge of your skirt, gaping at the bleeding cut on my knee.

Is it my fault? Why can't I speak?

I can't do this. I sniffle, feeling the burning tears rolling down my cheeks. No, I can't let them see me cry. They say I look uglier than usual when I cry.

"She's not looking up, is she crying again? Little crybaby?" When I hear her say that, I immediately look away, pressing my hands onto the concrete before pushing myself up. My knee burns. And I start running away from them. "She's running away!"