23 - back home (nsfw)

A deep breath in, and a deep breath out. Wow. Air sure smells different at home. Or maybe it's just airport air. Whatever it is, your nostrils like it.

You stand at the airport waiting for Eren to come back from the restroom. In a moment or two, he does come back, introducing his presence with an arm over your shoulder. He flashes a notorious smirk to you and says, "I peed."

You hold back a snort and smile up at him. "Consider me impressed."

His shoulders shake with slight laughter as he tugs you in with his arm and pecks your forehead. "Let's go home. I miss my pookie bear Armin."

As you walk out the airport, to your surprise, your names are on giant pieces of boards that Armin and Connie are holding up. "Oh, wow," you mutter as Sasha spots you, points a finger and runs.

She sprints to you in no time, hugging the air out of you, and you hug her back. The momentum pushes you back as she stuffs her face into your neck. "The way I missed you."

"I missed you too," you tell her, and she finally pulls away. You look to Eren and his expression is changed. He's looking at the group of friends gathered- more specifically, at Jean and Mikasa.

They're holding hands.

Eren's finger is pointed at them, his expression that of appall. You follow his line of sight and gasp. "That's surprising," you smirk, nodding at Jean in approval.

"That's disgusting," Eren chokes out, his eyes still wide and face still wrinkled in terror.

"Actress, you're back," Connie whistles, his hand pointing to the title under your name on the cardboard. Actress.

"Thanks for that, Connie. I wouldn't have recognised you guys without that."

You watch Eren, who's a couple steps away with Armin, Mikasa and Jean. His stance is aligned with his sister, his thumb pointing scornfully at your friend. "Him? Seriously?"

"You got a problem, Jeager?" Jean spits in his face.

"Yeah, I got plenty," Eren spits back.

Mikasa rolls her eyes. "You guys are embarrassing, can you stop?"

On the car ride home, back to the neighbourhood you missed so dearly, you think back to your little work-trip. The work in India got done yesterday, leaving the rest to take place here in Eldia. New Year's eve was over a week ago, and the party... went.

"... and never let it go again," Zeke says, raising his glass and receiving a bunch of chuckles from people. Eren is probably the only guy in the room rolling his eyes in unamusement.

"Why do you dislike almost everyone you come across?" Pieck asks him, picking up on the displeased look on his face.

"I have a superiority complex like that," he sarcasms, slightly raising his glass in the air before downing the little amount of alcohol down his throat. It stings but he likes it.

Pieck sighs, swirling the wine in her glass. She takes a sip and sets it on the counter to face you. "Let's play smash or pass." You shrug and Pieck gives a name. "Zeke."

"Pass," you say almost instantly, nose scrunching in disgust. Eren chuckles, shoulders shaking.

"Really? I think he's kinda smash."

"How?" Eren asks, squinting his eyes. He knows he shares half his genes with him, but frankly, they look nothing alike. So Eren can openly bash him and feel no doubt.

"I don't know, like... his smile. And his butt, he's got a nice butt."

"I never thought I'd hear you praise Zeke J's butt," you shake your head and snicker. "Alright, what about... Onyankopon?"