11 - eren's special

Eren's POV

Cute is the first word that echoes in my mind when I look at Speedy walking up to me.

And that's absurd because she's only wearing the black t-shirt paired with the deep green plaid skirt that every woman that works here wears, but goddamn, she stands out in a way I can't explain. Maybe even if I could, I wouldn't because it's Speedy. It's like day after day, it keeps getting harder to look away from her and that's crazy.

But it's true. And am I gonna be mature enough to admit that I have been glancing at the clock every now and then, waiting for the hand to meet 5? I don't know, you tell me.

She hasn't given me my jacket back. I don't know if she's just forgetful, or if she hopes to steal it from me. Either way, I don't mind. It looks way cuter on her, and you know me. I'm a fashion enthusiast. I believe every piece of clothing has a rightful owner, and I'm not saying the jacket now belongs to Speedy but if it chooses to be with Speedy... yeah, I don't really know what I'm saying anymore. Basically, I'm chill with her keeping it.

And she seems to have made acquaintances with Floch, given how she's not just waving at me but also at him. Do I think he has a thing for her? No, because the guy is gayer than a picnic basket and I'm positive he's in love with me.

"You're here early," I mutter when she approaches me because it's only 4:43. She leans to my side to ask Floch for some tiny book and I inhale her scent, feeling my grip tighten around the mug in my hands. It's a very distinctive Speedy scent and I think I like it.

When she moves back to face me, she shrugs. "I'd rather be early than late. I take all my jobs seriously, Jeager."

My eyes are still on her as she walks away and only when Floch nudges me with his arm, my attention diverts to him. Fuck, was I just staring at Speedy? With a smile? "I didn't know you guys knew each other," Floch murmurs.

"Ah," I gulp in my throat. "Yeah, we know each other."

Work goes as usual, except I try to teach Speedy how to make a decaff. Keyword: try. She ends up spilling it all over and curses to herself and I clean it up for her. But I think she understands the concept, which is good enough. "Pst," I hear from behind me. Speedy points a discrete finger at Franz, tears rolling down his cheeks as he stares at a mug in his hand. "Why's he crying?"

"Oh, shit, he's holding the mug," I whisper back, my hands falling to my sides.

"What's the mug?"

"You know Hannah at reception?" She nods. "They used to date and he had some memory with her and that mug. So every time he sees it, the waterworks begin. Just a sec," I excuse myself to walk up to Franz, giving his shoulder a subtle pat which makes him place the mug down. He then proceeds to squeeze the life out of me, crying silent tears into my apron.

As the day comes to an end, Speedy and I start to leave, walking down the stairs together. Floch usually follows me but he was called to meet with our manager, so it's just me and Speedy now. "I'm so hungry," she grumbles. She sounds a little scary. Note to self: Speedy is scary when hungry. "Why do you work here when you have a stable job? Unless your job... isn't stable?"

"To make more money. Not all of us get paid 300 bucks per hour of work," I answer. She told me that she starred in an advertisement for Galliard paints yesterday and made 900 dollars. She was all jumpy telling me about how she met Porco Galliard and how he's so much more handsome in person. If you ask me, I think the dude looks like a blond frog. And apparently, they provided her with a stylist so she didn't need me. Some guy named Freddy or Teddy, I don't know, but she told me he was super cool. Can't wait to see how cool he styled her.