21 - team (nsfw)

"I need money."

Wow. That's the first thing she has to say? Not even a hi, hello? Unacceptable, especially since she ruined a moment (of sorts?) between you and the man of your dreams. Your response is quick. "Then get a job."

You hear her groan. "Please, please, please? I'll pay you back I promise."

Sighing, you ask, "How much do you need?" She's your sister, and she would hesitate to ask you for money before, knowing your financial struggles. But you're leading in a successful movie now, and helping your sister out is the least you can do.

"Three hundred."

"Three hundred?" you shout, jaw dropped. "What on earth do you need three hundred for?!"

She clears her throat, murmuring incoherent nothings before she answers, "I... got into some bad business. I'm out of it now, though! I just have some tasks left to finish."

Uh oh. That sounded concerning. "What bad business?"

"Um... promise you won't tell mom and dad?"

"What bad business, Morgan? I swear to god I will-"

"Promise first!"

"Fine, I promise!"

She sighs, pausing for a few seconds, and then you hear her feeble voice say, "Cocaine, kind of."

You gasp. "You're doing drugs?"

"I used to! I'm three months sober now. I just need to pay my dealer before he shoots me in the head."

"Morgan!" You're speechless. You never took your little sister for someone this wild. But then again, a lot of kids are doing drugs these days, though that's no reason to excuse your sister.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I'm not proud of what I've become either."

You sigh yet again, back falling against the wall. She does sound genuinely regretful, and the least you can do as her family is trust her. But... should you? "You promise you won't get into all that again?"

"Yes. That was the lowest point in my life, I'm not returning there," her voice cracks as she says. Yeah, you should trust her. She's not an emo teenage girl anymore.

You take two seconds to gather yourself. "I'll wire you three hundred. Not helping you out again if it includes bad business, alright? 'Cause then, it's going straight to mom and dad."

"Yes," her voice grows firmer in relief. "Okay. Thank you, I love you."

With a sigh, you give in. "I love you, too." When you take the phone away from your ear is when you finally catch a glimpse of Eren, hands in his pockets and standing still. You chuckle. "Sorry about that."

"Is she okay? Your sister?" he asks.

"Yeah, yeah, she's... fine, thankfully. Apparently hasn't done anything in 3 months." Simultaneously as you speak, you wire the money to your sister, and also text her an 'are u sure ur okay? do u wanna talk abt it?' "I hope she's not lying, 'cause if she is, I'm disowning her. And demanding triple the amount, yeah. 900 bucks."

He lets out an exhale, lips twitching. "Drugs are scary. Addiction, in general, is scary, and it's very easy to get addicted to drugs."

"You sound like you speak from experience," you ponder out loud, putting the phone back into your pocket.

"No, no. I tried a blunt once with Ymir, and it was good, but... I couldn't afford to get used to it. Had a sister to take care of," he answers. Makes sense. Though he can act like a man-child at times, Eren does do a good job at being responsible. You know at this point that he's quite selfless when it comes to family. "You? Ever done drugs?"