24 - day off

"I'm so glad they gave you a break from shooting," Sasha yells from the kitchen while you fix the cushions on the couch. You find a stain and cringe before covering it with a pillow. "I don't think I could've handled our landlord on my own."

You sigh, taking a step back and scanning the area. After the cleaning, it looks... decent. "We don't even know the guy. I'm sure he's not as scary in person as he sounds on the phone," you yell back.

As strange as it sounds, though you have been living here for quite a few months, Levi hasn't visited you once. He says things have been too busy for him to 'give a shit about two girls residing in his ancient house.' You were grateful, of course. And your three friends have evidently been even more grateful, how they managed to dirt the house even more on your time away.

She turns off the faucet, running her eyes over the sink. Pretty neat. "Scary or not, landlords hate me. People in authority in general hate me," she murmurs, turning around to face you. You turn your face to her as well. "Is it time?"

You look at the watch on your wrist, set next to the Christmas bracelet Eren gave you. "No, there's still four minutes left."

She gnaws on her lip, worried sick. "Are we sure he's the on-the-dot punctual type? What if he shows up early? Oh god, what if he checks under our beds? I threw Connie's clothes under there!"

Your shoulders drop in exhaustion. You cannot imagine spending another minute fixing this damn house. "I doubt he'll check under our beds, Sasha. Calm down. You're more freaky than usual, are you okay?"

She plops herself down on a chair by the dining table. Her fingers fiddle with each other, and she slouches forward. "Yeah, it's just... I'm really excited about the engagement. And I cannot wait to marry Niccolo this summer but... It's scary nonetheless, you know?" She looks up at you and you nod. "What if things change? What if we face financial issues or- or fight over chores? What if-" her voice drops and she looks back down to the ground. "What if he starts to get bored of me?"

"Sasha..." you begin, feeling your heart clench. You hate it when she's upset. Walking over to her, you squat down to fall eye-level with her. "Listen to me, okay? I've known you for many years, and I've never, not once, found you boring. And as for Niccolo, he's the type of guy that knows what he wants, isn't he? You always say that to me yourself. And he wants you, Sash. He wants to marry you and he wants to choose a marriage with you. It's scary, I get it, but... I know one thing for sure, and that is that you two will make it work. You love each other. You will make it work, you hear me? "

She exhales, nodding slowly. The strain between her eyes loosens and she smiles. "Thank you," she says. "I love you."

You grin. "I love you too, Sasha."

Sasha's wedding is only a couple months away, and you know she's more than elated to finally be her lover's wife. But what you don't know is who you will room with after she moves in with him. You'll... probably figure it out. And it's not like you need to live with someone. Now that you're making proper money, you could rent out this place all by yourself.

The doorbell rings, and both your grins drop in an instant. "Oh god," she mutters, anxiety washing over her face again.

You get to your feet and walk to the door before opening it to find Eren, not Levi. You sigh in relief, and then you chuckle. "It's Eren," you announce back to Sasha, who sits down again.

He grins widely, bringing the hand he was hiding behind himself to reveal three little yellow flowers, stems between the tips of his fingers. "Good morning, sweetheart," he greets you with a tilt of his head.

Your jaw drops before you take the flowers and smell them. "They're beautiful. Good morning, Eren."

"Beautiful flowers for my beautiful girl," he shrugs and leans down to peck your lips. He smells so sweet, you want to cuddle in his scent. It's obvious he plucked them out from a random plant but the thought of someone giving you flowers makes you want to squeal into a pillow.