Chapter two

I slammed the door down only to see June pick some fashion magazines from the counter, my heroic action being totally embarrassing.

"Guess I'll have the 18th century mags after all" she smiled at me.

"Bye!" She waved at the guy while we got out of the store and headed to the van.

"Let's go Karis" my mom said already seated.

"I bought snacks!" I said handing everyone a bag of chips.

"And where's mine?" Kyle asked.
I ignored him "That shop was really creepy" I started.

"Yeah, old man's gone senile " June smirked.

" His accent sounded very old, like 1800s " I laughed nervously.
" I told you this place was haunted," Kyle smiled
"He probably died a hundred years ago and he-"

"One more word from you young man..." Mom began.

"No seriously, the man literally appeared and said a bunch of stuff about soil and he felt sorry for us ... Everyone's either insane or de-"

"June!" Mom interrupted again.
"You're scaring Macy!"

"Sorry Mother"

"Are we there yet?" Macy asked impatiently.

"No we aren't Mace, just a few more hours to go" Dad sighed.

After a few hours of driving, we reached a cross road. There were literally storm clouds in the south, where we headed. There was a huge banner that said we had reached Flowerdale.
You would think it was a colorful town, with flowers;like a meadow from the name of the town but this town was gloomy, boring and quiet.

We immediately got lost (dad claimed he hadn't been here in ten years) and had to ask some farmer for directions.

"Where to?" He asked.

"High peaks" Mom responded.

"What do you want there?" He asked us like we were crazy.

"It's kinda our hometown" Kyle responded.

The man's face turned cold immediately Kyle mentioned 'hometown'

"Then be gone" he quoted the exact same words the man in the store had said. "It's ahead of you, take the turn on your left, drive about thirty minutes till you see the signboard that says high peaks, someone else would give you directions from there"

" Thanks.. sir" Mom called at him.
He grinned like he knew something we didn't. "Oh believe me, my pleasure"

"Creepy guy" Kyle commented.

***
Dad followed the directions.

Accurately, this time.

Google maps didn't work in Flowerdale, the was no internet connection.

Good thing June was asleep when we found out, she would have jumped out the window if she ever heard that.
Internet was everything to the girl.

We drove till we finally saw the sign; high peaks.
Dad grimaced when he saw the sign.
"What?" Kyle asked.

"Brings back old memories"
Mum answered with a faraway look in her eyes.

Both my Mom and dad were from high peaks. The two met each other a 'very long time ago' and have been together ever since. Whatever that means.

"Whatever" Kyle looked bored.
"Hey, don't we have grandparents or anything?"

Everybody ignored him.

We finally reached the town when we saw the poster 'welcome to high peaks '
***
From the stories those creepy guys told is about High peaks, you would have guessed it vampires lived there and that looked something like a Transylvanian castle.
Or something from vampire diaries.

It wasn't!

It was the cutest town I had ever seen, something from a broucher, cottages lined up in a row on one side, with larger houses on the other.

There was a lake on the far side, at the other side of hill. But there was something wrong.

I couldn't put my finger to it but the place just felt wrong.

I stared at my hometown.

It was like a feeling of deja Vu, I felt I had been here before but just really couldn't remember when.