Chapter four

I stared at Bethany.

The look in her eyes far from creeped me out.

It scared the crap out of me this wasn't the peaceful loving overly sickeningly sweet girl I knew; her eyes said it all.

My psychology teacher, Mrs Simmons always said that person's eyes revealed all that there was to them.
.
  "He warned you, did he not?" Bethany was still cold.

   "Erm....  ish?" I smiled sheepishly.

She looked at me like I had just spoken latin.

"I think I'm just gonna leave, you're being creepy" I muttered to myself, confused at her strange behavior.

  Mr supermodel's expression didn't change, he looked at me with the same cold glare that he always did, like he had a grudge;  like I had offended this incredibly annoying stranger.

  "Wait! Wait!" She suddenly smiled widely. "I was joking Kay, don't listen to the lunatic. He is but a raving loon."

   "You mean he's crazy?" I interpreted "but he seemed real serious about what he said though...?"

  "He's just a madman" Philip dismissed disregarding my statement as though I was Macy throwing a tantrum.

   "Look who decided to pipe in " I glared at him.

   "I was addressing my cousin, Katrina" He sneered at me completely oblivious of his cousin's attempt to quiet him down.

  "It's Karissa, Phil!"

   "That is not my concern!" He replied cockily.

   "I don't know how a  sweet girl like beth could be related to a jerk like you!" I snapped.

   He simply wiped his face.

"Bethany, next time you desire a friend, get one that is not a spitting llama" with that, he turned and walked away.

What a jerk!

   "Let us continue with the tour" she suggested sheepishly.

   "Let's!" I hissed.

                  ***

   "Pass me the salt" Paris told Kyle at dinner.

It was already late and the tv couldn't get a signal, we gave up and decided to eat instead of watching our fav sitcom.

   We had dinner on the large wooden table in the dining room.  Mom cooked an old recipe which according to her, was in the family for generations.

Kyle stood up "I don't know how I'm going to carry June, but I'll try... You wanted salt huh?" He nodded in agreement. "Yeah, she should be salty enough"

    " Oh look! The turd can speak would you shut up for once, Kyle!" June said with a mouthful of  lemon meringue pie.

    "Sit down! Kyle" Mom ordered glaring at him with her 'remember your manners' look.

    "Can't we have a decent meal without any bickering?" Dad sighed trying to cut a piece of though meat with his butter knife "How was your day, Paris?"

   "Great!" She grinned and twirled her hands around her  shoulder length purple hair "I hung out with Aunt Rosé. We baked, talked, cooked, knitted! It was fun!"

   Kyle snickered and burped loudly, beating his chest like a gorilla.

  Before any of us could call him out for being a pig Macy opened her mouth.

    "Mommy! I'm tireeed!" Macy yawned and scratched her eyes.

   "I'll be right back" Mom carried  Macy away.

   Dad excused himself and went to bed muttering something unintelligible.

  With them out of the way, I took out my phone from my pocket.  I went through my messages.

   Anything from Malory?

  Still none.

  There was no internet connection in High peaks. 

  According to the Angelos who lived nearby, a hurricane cut out the internet connection in the town, it would be fixed in a few days though.

   "How did your day with Bethany go?" Paris asked playing with the last piece of bacon in her plate.

  "They showed me around, real creepy church they have here but the lake's cool"

   "We could go swimming sometime" June smiled.

   "That will be cool!" I beamed.
I was finally happy we would get to do something together. For the first time in a very long while.

   "Hey! I'll come too!" Kyle added.

    "I would rather shove an onion down my-" June began.

    "Would you two please cut it out?!" I said gathering the dishes and dumping them in the sink.

   "I'm going to bed, " June declared as she braided her messy hair into one knot. "Karis, please take the dog out" she glared distastefully at Kyle.

   "Glad she's out of the way"

   I went to bed immediately after June did, I only realized how exhausted I was till I lay on my bed.

It started raining soon after  Paris and Kyle came to bed. Lightening flashed and thunder struck.

I immediately envied my twin, she could sleep like the dead.

   My sleep immediately vanished as I lay awake, staring at the ceiling chewing at my lips as though I wanted to peel them out.

   "Need some blood vampire?"

   "Shut it Kyle"

    "You're literally staring at the ceiling like a freaking ghost"

    "I'm not"

    "You scared of the rain?" He teased.

     "No, I dunno, something just feels.."

     "Off? Wierd?"

      "How did you know?"

     "I feel exactly the same way, there's something wierd about this town Karissa" he looked nervous.

    "What do you think it is? Some kind of prank?"

     "It goes way deeper than that" he whispered.

     Maybe it wasn't so bad sharing a room with him after all.

     "Oh well, we'll be home in two weeks" I comforted.

     "Trina's gonna kill me, I haven't called or texted her in forever!"

     "You mean in twenty four hours?" I rolled my eyes.

    "Uh huh"

     The rain died down after an hour, when I was the only one awake.

  Bored, I grabbed my phone and decided to watch some old YouTube downloads.

   A couple of intros later, I sensed that I had been awake for too long I checked the time on my phone and gasped at what I saw.

   I glanced at my watch and saw the exact same thing.

  The time had stopped at 17:54, the exact time we arrived at High peaks.

  _______________________
 (A/N)
Sorry, I've not updated for a while, more updates in the future ! And much much more interesting chapters ahead.~kara