Chapter three

We packed everything into one of the largest houses in a row in the third lane of the street.

Probably the biggest house in our small village; Something we could be proud of I guessed.

The house belonged to our great grandparents in the 1700s (according to my parents)

   It was a three bedroom house.

Seriously?!

It was so huge but had only three rooms?

   I shared a room with Paris and Kyle.

June claimed she needed her space and was made to share a room with Macy.
Which wasn't fair but, it was June Juanita that we were dealing with.

That girl could get away with murder, she's literally a pathological liar!

***
"Kay-ris!"

A short blonde girl crashed into me when June, Kyle Paris and I sat on the porch.

She noticed our questioning glances and smiled nervously as I pulled away quickly.

   "Oh, I am Bethany Marie. Do you not remember me?" She asked. "Paris, how about you?"

Paris looked freaked out "I don't think I know you, but you do look familiar I just cant-"

   "Great!" She beamed "Karis?"

   "Errr?" Was all I could blurt out.

   "Someone's gone crazy" Kyle muttered under his breath.

    " Your best friend?" She asked again "You do not recognize me?"

     My what now?

I had only two best friends ever since I could remember.

Paris and Mal.

I was sure I didn't know this blue eyed strawberry blonde from Eve!
How then did she know me?

"I'm pretty sure you're mistaken, honey" I laughed nervously "I've never even seen you before"

   "Oh, stop bothering young Karissa, child!" An older voice scolded.

I heard June and Paris gasp

"Aunt Rosé?"

I quickly turned back trying to discover the reason for their wide eyes.

  It couldn't be, it just couldn't be .
The old lady had been over ninety three the last time we say her.

  But here she was, standing, without the use of a crutch or walking stick- a healthy old lady to be precise.

She had not aged a single bit, apart from her eyes. Her startlingly gray eyes.

  Call me crazy, but I remembered her eyes were a shade of black, a different color apart from the shocking gray they now were.

  And her hair. She had this light tint of white on her hair making her have an eerie look.

  " The one and only" she smiled." I heard you moved back here-"

  " For vacation" Paris corrected.

She only smiled sadly in response.

  "Welcome back"

  "Is that the will lady?" Kyle asked confused "I thought you told us the old lady died Karis I didn't know-"

  "KYLE! DON'T MAKE ME COME OUT THERE, YOUNG MAN!" Mom screamed from inside.

Mom and her acute hearing skills.