Chapter eight

Kyle's pov

"You've got to be friking kidding me!" I slammed the steering wheel.
   I drove around in circles for God knows how long, desperate for a damn escape out of this God damned town.

    I knew mom and dad where hiding something. June wouldn't even meet my eyes!

   Lord knows how much I hate High peaks. Distant, foggy memories descended slowly on me as I drove into the thicker foggy road.

    Could a road be foggy? Visit damned high peaks and see for yourself!

   I drove in circles for hours, I guess.

    Frustrated finally, I parked the van and slammed my head on the steering wheel; Therapy

  ' Karis' was all my mind could think about, I left my little sister in the God forsaken town. Oblivious to the danger she faced from Philip, from Bethany.

    I  shuddered even thinking about her name.

    She was the only one that believed what I had to say about High peaks.

The town went further than that. Something sinister was going on.

     'De deeee de Dee dumm dum dede' the annoying phone rang.

     Wait phone? I thought there was no freaking service!

     I picked the phone , too tired to look at the idiot calling.

    "Sup?"

    "Kyle! Is that you?"

Who the heck gave me her- Of course, Karis did.

     "Yeah"

     "Oh my God! You guys weren't dead! I told them you weren't!" The squeaky voice was hysterical.

     "Hold up, what do you mean?"

      "Kar didn't call in forever, and there are rumors that you guys had some kind of accident and-"

     "Dude" I addressed my sister's annoying friend. "My sister didn't call for three days and you think she's dead? What are you obsessed?"

     "Three days?" Malory Simpson gasped. "Did you hit your head, where does it hurt!"

    "Oh be quiet"   I was ready to hung up on the little girl.

    "You really don't know, do you!"

I laughed once without humor.

     "What?!"

    "Where have you been? Your line says you're out of coverage area and-"

     "You're not shitting me?"

     "Language"

     "You're not my damn mother! What the heck do you mean?"

      "You guys have been away for two months!"