Chapter nine

"May the grace of our lord a Christ, the love of God and the sweet fellowship of the holy spirit be with us now and evermore.. Amen."

   I recited along with the whole congregation and the very ancient pastor.

     March 19th 1754? What the heck was that?

     "Philip?" I whispered to him. He slowly opened his eyes and glared at me.

     "What is it?"

      "Are these chairs antique or something?"

      He went quiet, closed his eyes and continued humming his strange tune.

      "Phil!"

      "I do not know"

       "I'll ask Bethany then, she'll tell me"

       "Your own funeral" he paused for a bit and  muttered.

    "June?" I asked at closing time.

    "Yeah?" She picked up Macy from her seat and plopped her into the ground.

    "Aren't you the least worried about Kyle?.... You guys? Paris? Macy?"

    "Huh, I miss Kylie" she frowned.

    "See? She gets it!" I high fived her.

She understood.

    "I kinda miss him too" Paris admitted to us as she stared at her nails nervously looking at June.

    "June?" I probbed.

    'He got the consequence of flouting rules, the idiotic jerk!"

    "Why do you hate your own brother that? What did he ever do to you?!" I snapped.

    "You don't know anything Karissa Shannon Kane! Stop acting like you do! "

     "What don't I know!"

     "You wouldn't want to hear it!"

     "The hell I don't! I can't wait till we get back home and you go off to college with that ice cold personality of yours you ice queen!"

    "How dare you! You little-"

    "Me little what? I remember you as a person with a heart sometime ago, what changed you to this black hearted, wizened old hag"

    She sighed and stared at me like I was Macy throwing a tantrum.

    By now many people had gathered around us. Hell, they had nothing better to do in their boring wormhole of a town.

Some looked excited at the amount of entertainment they were having at the moment, this had to be better than-
I forgot the name of my favorite sitcom.

I caught Philip's eye. He shook his head for me to stop.
Bethany stood beside him looking genuinely concerned for me but also happy that I confronted June.

    I stared past him.

    "When we get back home!" She laughed bitterly.

    I glanced at Paris and gave her a 'shes finally lost it' look.

    "Huh,  Nobody told you? We are home!"

     "Alright! She's lost it " I clapped sarcastically.

    "High peaks will never be my-"

  A set of lukewarm, soft hands covered my mouth.
   "Alright! Not much to see here" Philip dispersed the growing crowd.