Boarding The Ship

"Come on, we better get going!!" Lana yells out at me as I'm trying to pull our cases behind me while she's telling the taxi driver where we're going to. "I might be quicker if you can come to help me." To be truth, I'm actually not looking forward to being on a cruise full of crazy boyband fans as a person who prefers listening to classic rock music. I don't mind the music, it's alright but it's not my taste. It's my best friend' Lana who's the fan. The driver finally climbs out to put the cases in the car boot. Lana drags me inside the car.
We do what we need to at the terminal, Lana tells me that we have to wait for the guys to arrive. Apparently they stop to greet the fans as they get escorted onto the cruise. Oh great, so I get to see a boyband acting all egotistical, loving all of the attention from a few thousand women. I roll my eyes. "What is the group called again, Lana?" She looks at me as if I've got three heads. "New Kids on the Block! Come on, I've been telling you all about them." To be fair, she has but I've only halved listened. God, I'm an awful person. This is her favourite group.

"They must be here by how excited and loud everyone has become

"They must be here by how excited and loud everyone has become. Omg!!" I watch as Lana gets more excited as time goes on. It is deafening here and I can't wait to get to our cabin. "Frankie, there he is, aww he looks so cute!!" Lana shouts at me to follow the direction of her pointing, I try to look through all of the women. "Which one am I looking at?" I ask her. "Jonathan. He's the one in the white T-shirt and sunglasses. Oh and dark hair." I glance at them, apart from one, they all look like they have dark hair.

Ah, there he is, he was stood behind one of the others

Ah, there he is, he was stood behind one of the others. I step back to relief my poor ears. The screaming is too much.
Now she's take a step back, watching all of the commotion in front of her, she's curious when she finds herself being stared at by one of the New Kids. She just stands there and looks away. They're getting enough attention from all of these women without me feeding their egos.
It's finally time for everyone to board the ship. They're shown to their cabin. She's rather impressed as it has a balcony, a little sitting area and a tiny kitchenette. "Lana, did we get a suite? This is lovely." She grins. "Of course, if I'm dragging you here, then the least I can do is book us this cabin suite for you to escape to when it gets too much for you. Thank you so much for agreeing to join me, I owe you." We hug. "You owe me big time honey! Hopefully you'll have the time of your life." We giggle. Together, we unpack. In her case, she takes out loads of decorations. I look at it all confused. She laughs. "Did I not tell you, the guys go round to see the best dressed doors and surprise the fans?!" What, I think to myself. Oh my god. "Can you please help me? Especially as you are an artist, you might help us win." Her excitement radiates of her, who am I to disappoint her, "okay. Let's have a look at what you've brought so we can decide what to do." I don't know who is who. I forgot how long they've been around, she's brought pictures and cut out words etc.
"That's Jon, there!" She points to the guy she was trying to point out to earlier in the terminal. My eyes find myself drawn to the guy who's got big muscles, lots of tattoos and stubble on his face. I don't know what his problem was with the way he was staring at me earlier. Maybe he didn't like how I wasn't going all crazy, screaming and acting like a horny teenage girl like everyone else was. Sorry bud, but it's not my style to feed any guys' ego.
A short time later, we are finished decorating the door. Lana looks like she's as pleased as punch by the way she's looking at it. As we both like to vlog, she wanted me to film her showing the door decor and a tour of our cabin suite. It's adorable seeing how happy and excited she is to be here on this ship.
We're relaxing when the tannoy comes on to make an announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board! This is the New Kids and we want to see you all on the lido deck for the sail away party in less than two hours time.
So what do we do, we get ready. I decide on my maxi skirt and a little plain vest top.

My outfit looking something like this

My outfit looking something like this. Hopefully I'll blend him so I don't attract any weirdness from anyone. I definitely don't want to be stared by anyone, in particular the guy from the group.
We're walking along the corridors, "I wonder where the guys cabins are?!" I hear a group of women ask each other as they pass by us. I side eye Lana. She must know what I'm thinking, "some people like to stalk them but they deserve to be left in peace down their corridor at least." My shoulders sigh with relief.
After getting our drinks, I follow Lana and somehow we end up at the side of the stage area. Oh great, not! I stay standing behind Lana. I notice a bar stool so I pull it over to where I'm standing. At least I can be a more comfortable. Music is blaring through the speakers and I glance up at the huge screen. The crowd goes crazily loud and the guys suddenly appear. I know Lana will be too excited so I film them going onto the stage. Then I look at my phone, checking the footage. I'm not really listening to anything they're saying or watching closely.

Instead, I'm glancing around at all of the fans from on this deck and the one above

Instead, I'm glancing around at all of the fans from on this deck and the one above. My curiosity leads to wonder where they are all from and what their stories are.
As I'm sipping my drink, again I notice the same guy staring at me. Seriously, what is his problem. I look blankly at him. Don't get me wrong, he's attractive. If I had a type then he would be it. I turn to watch Lana. A few hours of being here, I can tell she's having the time of her life. Surely, it can get better for me too.