Beach Games

Last night, I managed to get back to my cabin without bumping into anyone in particular a certain person called Danny. I spent the rest of the night tossing and turning. I'm still trying to work out why I ran out on him like I did but there's something wrong with me, perhaps it's a defence mechanism. Oh I don't know.
Lana practically flies out of her bed with excitement. It feels like the more time we spend on this cruise, the more excited she gets. "We got a full day planned! And don't forget it's the fancy dress party tonight." I shoot her a mock salute with my fingers and a huge grin on my face. I ask her what the plan is for today. "We're getting off the cruise and having fun on the beach so we need to get our best bikinis on." She goes to pick her bikini up from the drawer. Did I bring mine. She laughs. "Yours is in your drawer, have a look." I walk over to it and inside I find my bikini.

Oh my goodness! I bite my bottom lip anxiously

Oh my goodness! I bite my bottom lip anxiously. Lana is now by my side, she's holding up a sarong and a shirt to wear as a cover up. A sigh of relief. "I knew you'd panic and that's why I brought these so you can choose which one you prefer." I give her a hug. "Thank you bestie! What would I do without you eh?!!" She shows me her outfit which is similar to mine but with opposite colours so we coordinate. I let her do a little makeup on me. I didn't want too much on with being on a beach as it'd just melt away. We leave our hair natural with beach waves. I snap a selfie of us now we're all ready. Lana puts everything we need into a beach bag and I remind her about sun cream, we certainly don't want to be looking like lobsters! We take it in turns going to the toilet before we leave the cabin.
When we get to the main foyer, we're met by Carol and Emma. I get flashbacks from last night being in the lift with Danny. How different it is when there's loads of people wandering around and music playing on the speakers. I try to push Danny out of my head. I want to have fun with my bestie and our two new friends, and enjoy the sunshine.
The cruise crew take the fans out to the beach on their little boats. I'm looking forward to chilling and working on building my suntan up, with a cold cocktail. I soon learn to know that isn't what will be happening. Carol and Emma explain how they get all of the fans to shore first and then they bring the New Kids so everyone watches them coming. Thankfully we have time to order our cocktails and select where we want to sit while we wait. I decide to try a blue lagoon cocktail. I take a sip and my goodness, it's strong! It's refreshing though. The girls select the deckchairs where they want to sit. I'm happily sipping, enjoying the sunshine when fans a start to get excited. Lana has stood up to try and see what's going on, "they're here! They look so good!" I can feel the drool coming from her and everyone around us, yuck. Sipping on my drink, I see feet walking past us, I glance upwards and it's the guys. I spot Danny looking around, smiling at people and I keep hold of my cocktail hiding my face. I gotta admit, I'm secretly drooling watching Danny in just his shorts and tank top. The sunshine beams of his biceps.

I'm suddenly curious about his tattoos and what they all are, how many does he have, I ponder to myself

I'm suddenly curious about his tattoos and what they all are, how many does he have, I ponder to myself. Then again, he's probably built himself like he has to attract the women. Some people only do things to get women or men's attention.
A short while later, and we are near a temporary built stage area as the guys are doing a show. Jeez how do they expect them to perform in this blazing heat?! I'm sweltering and I'm just standing here. I notice lots of bottles of water in those ice coolers placed by the stage which I presume is for the guys, that's good. When the guys come on stage, I stay back behind Lana, Carol and Emma. I'd rather they have better view seeing as they are the fans.

Although I'm starting to appreciate the music more

Although I'm starting to appreciate the music more. Feeling hot, I take off my shirt and kneel down to reach for the suncream in the bag. I apply it all over in the places I can reach. Lana must notice me struggling slightly and she offers to help. "I think you have an admirer, Frankie." She whispers to me, I stand up properly and spin round to find myself making eye contact with Danny. I suddenly feel shy as having so much skin exposed. He winks. I look either side of me to see if he's looking at someone else but I realise I'm at the end where no one else can stand. I watch as he chuckles to himself.
"Where's all the single ladies at, hey?!" Donnie yells out. Lana sticks not only her hand up but also mine, much to my dismay. He glances around, but his eyes land on the two of us and calls for us to join them on the stage. I plan to stand my ground and stay where I am but with Lana pulling me, and Carol and Emma gently pushing me from behind, I end up there. I try to hide my annoyance. "Right then everyone, let's get Jon and Danny here, so we have two pairs to play our first game. Jon, which lady do you want to pick?" Jon stands next to Lana. Danny stands by me. Donnie asks for our names. "Hi Frankie, fancy seeing you here, let's see if we can beat them two!" He whispers to me. As much as a part of me wouldn't mind getting up close with him, the rest of me is dreading what we are to do and especially in front of an audience. Joe and Jordan are blowing up balloons. I'm puzzled by what is planned. "Guys, take a balloon and place between you and your partner. Then whichever couple pops their balloon first, without touching, wins. Are we ready??" Donnie explains. So now I'm stood facing Danny with a balloon between our abdomens and Lana the same with Jon. I glance over at her. She's beaming. A whistle blows. Damn this is hard! We're wriggling all over and manage to find a rhythm. Everyone is cheering us all on. "Why don't you take your sunglasses off then you might be able to see clearer." Danny suggests. "I'm fine, thank you. The sun is blinding." After what seems forever, the sound of a balloon pops and I find myself leaning against Danny, like skin on skin. I feel the shiver running down my spine as I feel the warmth from him. "We have our winners, everyone!! Clap for Danny and Frankie!!"

 "We have our winners, everyone!! Clap for Danny and Frankie!!"

I quickly pull myself away from him and glance at the audience. I look to where Carol and Emma are standing, I see they're trying to take a picture so I smile at them. I feel Danny holding my hand up in air. Then when Donnie announces for the next two participants, I swiftly make my exit off the stage. Away from Danny and the stage area. Relieved when I find myself sitting at the beach bar, ordering another cocktail and trying to cool down.