Chapter Six ❤

Marshall :- Hey Lily ! Supp?

Marshall :- Hey Lily ! Supp?... Anyways, Issa asked me to remind you that you ladies are going out shopping tomorrow for the bride and bridesmaid's dress. So be ready tomorrow, I will pick you at 11:30 am and don't worry about Emmy. I will take the girls to a picnic tomorrow.

Love ya..¡¡

Marshall had proposed Alyssa a year back on my wedding day but they had been postponing their second wedding due to weather and then unavoidable delays of Mr. and Mrs. Kincaid. But this summer was finally fixed for their wedding in vegas and I had to go with Alyssa the next day.

I reached home back by 6pm and Emmy was still at mom's place. She wanted to have an overnight stay with Emmy. So I got some donuts for everyone else on my way back. I rang the bell and Josh opened the door. He has completely changed over the last year and while he still remains the bully to the bullies, he does very well in studies.

" You'd like some donuts Josh"? I asked him.

"I would love 'em, Lily. Thank you"

"Oh no, there is no such need for a thank you. Come take these".

" I didn't mean it for the donuts".

"Then what happened Josh"?

"Actually, I know that Atlas told me that you saved him when you guys met but this thank you was for helping me with everything".

I held his hand and made him sit beside me on the dining table nearby. And I started speaking, "See Josh, if you talk about the past, I never did anything to Atlas so as to save him. All I did was just fall in love with him. And with you, I don't even know what you are talking about".

"Lily, after Atlas took my custody from Sutton I didn't believe in anyone. I had held my guards too high to let anyone in. But then you came back in Atlas' life and eventually you two loved me not like Brother and Sister in Law but like parents, like my own parents". Uttered Josh.

I could see the water beginning to ooze out from his eyes. He had never cried before and never poured his heart out to me.

"Listen to me, don't ever say that again. You are just like a kid to me and Atlas. So don't ever think of it otherwise. And whenever you feel like talking to someone about anything. Feel free to come to me, although we both love your brother very much but we still can have secrets". I spoke as I winked at him. And we both laughed. After the heart to heart session, I took my coffee to the backyard where I had planted a beautiful garden and sat down on the grass while Josh sat next to me and did his summer homework.

Then the next moment I found myself shaken up by Josh. "What happened Lily"?

"Nothing, I was just thinking about something and I zoned out".

"I know, it's about Emmy and Mr. Kincaid , right ?"

"Yes." I blurted out but then realised my mistake.

"How did you know that, Josh ?"

"I am sorry Lily but last week, when Aunt Issa visited you at the store, I came to give you lunch, but thought of not interfering because I unintentionally eavesdropped upon you. I am extremely sorry for it. I didn't tell anyone, please forgive me this time".

"No problem Josh. You didn't do it deliberately". I said as I hugged him.

A/n :-
Hey Dear reader,

Please let me know in the comments how do you like this chapter.
Please show me your support and love by voting for this story and commenting on this.

The next chapter will be posted next Sunday probably.To get it soon, please do 10 comments at least to shower your love.
P. S. I am sorry that I didn't upload this yesterday but i am busy this month due to my exams.. Still I'll try to be regular.
Love,
Dri 💗