Chapter Seventeen ❤

After Lily returned, the girls rushed to get ready for the party while the guys, first prepared the bouquet of cookies and then headed on to get ready.

...............

I got ready with Emmy in the walk in closet, while the guys waited for us, in the living room. As soon as I got ready in my, plain pastel Olive Green off shoulder thigh high slit gown with a corset style upper paired with black heels, and a pair of delicate diamond earrings and a pendant with initials A and L engraved in it and I left my hair open with loose curls. While Emmy wore a beautiful dress in lemon colour paired with a half up half down hair do and a pretty hair band to go with that. As I looked at Atlas while standing near the railing, I noticed him staring me, from head to toe as if I was the only woman he’d ever seen, while Emerson practically ran over the stairs, but I saw the way Atlas came near the end of the staircase to hold out his hand for me. Emerson made her signature pouty face to why his Nemo didn’t do that for her. So, I giggled when I saw Josh nearly copy him as he offered his hand to Emmy, which she took chuckling. 

———————

Soon, we reached the party, and after clicking a few pictures we separated. I remember discreetly capturing Josh with his two arms offered to both Emerson and Rylee and he being a good partner guided them to the food counter, providing them with all the delicious desserts they wanted. While I talked to Alyssa, Atlas took leave from me, for a while to check out with Brad once, regarding the cake to be cut. 

“Umm Alyssa”

“Yes ?”

“Umm, actually I— I need to talk to you” I whispered in her ear “ About your brother, I added.”

“What did he do now ?” Her expression changed to that of something very normal as if it was very normal for him to do blunders and her to listen to all the comments on that.

“How did you— know?” I merely looked at her with a strange face,

“Lily, see I know, he was missing for ———” 

“May I have the attention of the ladies” Alyssa was cut short by Ryle as he walked up to us out of nowhere with  two glasses of juice his hands, one probably Mix fruit and other Pineapple. Since Alyssa already had one in her hand, Ryle directed the glass towards me, I looked at Alyssa for Assurance and she gave me. I reluctantly accepted the glass and raised it a little as per courtesy and had a sip of it. 

I was very surprised at the fact, that how could a man behave like two different people in a same day, but since I didn’t want to ruin my best friend’s day I stayed quiet. 

“So, umm— nice decor, Issa”  he tried to start a conversation while I glanced over the table to look for the only one person who could give me the comfort and reassurance that I was safe. 

“All thanks to Lily, she is now an active event decorator”

“Really,” he asked as he raised his eyebrows at me, and I replied simply “Thanks to my family, my lucky charms”. He nodded, taking in my answer, while Marshall made an eye-contact with me. He came forward, putting an arm around Ryle’s neck taking him around while he looked at me, like a brother he was always there to support me.

But as I turned around to talked to Alyssa, she was engaged in a conversation with Marshall’s new business partner’s wife. 

I went around to find Josh because it was the time when by and by everyone had moved to the dining area and people were soon leaving except the family members along with me and my family. But suddenly I felt something in my head, buzzing so hard and then I blacked out. All that happened after that, felt like a hazy and blurry dream but it felt so real.

A/n :-
Hey readers,
I hope u like this part... Please do send me your love and support on this one by voting and commenting on this part.
And please please please show your love and support for Saazishein too...
Also share your thoughts on it.

Love,
Dri 💗