Chapter Eight ❤

Dear Ellen, 

It’s been a hectic day today, for I and Alyssa went from store to store to finalise wedding arrangements for dresses along with hair and makeup of the bride and bridesmaids. Honestly Ellen, when Alyssa today told me that she’s not gonna have a bachelorette party, I was quite dejected but I was so overwhelmed when I found out why. She had told me that Ryle would be flying back to Boston for their wedding and if he was to come to Marshall's bachelor parties, inviting Atlas could be a problem and he didn’t want this to happen. So, Marshall came up with a solution to host a wedding reception as a post wedding affair rather than having a prior wedding event.

    Anyways, we both spent the day together while getting pictures from Marshall every 20 minutes of the girls and their picnic together. Tomorrow’s going to be the same though. We’re supposed to finalise the venue and food and then the cake at last. But, I’m a little nervous for tomorrow because tomorrow Josh is gonna take care of Emerson the whole day. Rylee and Marshall had to go to pick Marshall’s parents who are arriving the next day for their wedding and mom was busy so I couldn’t ask her. Lastly, I don’t think I should have asked Emmy’s Nemo because he’s already booked up with a food critic who’s going to review Corrigon’s as one of best fine diners in the country.

I think I’m probably overthinking this, Theo will be there too to watch over Emmy. So I guess I should hope for the best and be prepared for the worst, just kidding. I have seen Josh for over a year now, guess I trust him that much now.

Good Night ,

Lily Corrigan

“It’s bedtime now, Emmy !” I said as I closed my journal and got up from the couch 

“Just 5 minutes more, Mimi”.

“Okey, fine. You get the time till I make your bed”.

“You know that I’m sleeping with you tonight, since Nemo's on a night shift”.

“Yes sweetheart, I know that you’re scared since Atlas won’t be putting you to bed tonight”.

“No Mimi, who told you that I’m scared. It’s just that Nemo asked me to lay with you when he’s not around”. Chuckled Emerson 

“You know, sometimes you just act like my mom”. I replied as I turned off the TV and picked her up in my arms, asking Josh “ Are you done with your drawing, Josh ? You should probably hit the sack now. You need to be full of energy tomorrow”.

“No and Yes”.

“I mean, I’m not yet done with this drawing. It’s gonna take some more days and yeah, I too am gonna hit Bedfordshire ‘cause I need to babysit this atom bomb tomorrow”. He replied with a grin on his face. 

“Good night then”. I smiled and headed to my room as Josh went to his.

————————

“Come, Emerson darling. And get your storybook as well. I will read to you”. 

“Yes Mimi”.

I wrapped my one arm around Emmy and held the book in both my hands and started reading the story out.

‘Once upon a time, there was a girl who was as white as snow, had hair as black as coal and her lips were as red as blood. 

……………….. 

And then the prince kissed her and they went on to marry each other and then they lived happily ever after.’

I completed reading the story but as I glanced at Emmy, I saw that she slept a long back. So, I just cuddled her up and closed my eyes as I rested my head on the headboard. And then, I don’t remember when I went into a deep sleep. But as soon as Atlas returned from his night shift around midnight, I woke up to his sound of feet shuffling. I had my eyes closed when he bent over me to kiss over Emmy’s cheek and then my forehead. Because, Emerson’s face was completely snuggled into the place of my tattoo. 

“You forgot your favourite spot !” I said holding his wrist as he walked away to the closet, my eyes still closed.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you Lily”.

“Oh no, you shouldn’t be. I was already up. Anyways, don’t divert from the topic Mr. Corrigon”. 

“What ?”

“The kiss”. I said with a slight smirk on my face

“Give me a moment, Mrs. Corrigon. I will change and then I’m all yours”. He said, his lips turned upside 

He returned quickly in a few minutes and then he silently and slowly picked up Emerson and put her to sleep in her room and came back finally with a gift in his hands.

A/n :-
Dear readers, hope you all are well!!
I am literally enjoying writing this story further and preparing another story as well. I hope you too are feeling the same way..
Please let me know if you like 😍 this chapter.
Please do vote for it to show your love and support; it really motivates.

Love
Dri 💗