Chapter Ten ❤

At home :- Josh’s pov after Atlas left for BIB (as the critic was coming there).

I sat with Theo and watched the replay of the latest Manga episode, both of us had an active eye over Emerson playing. As soon as Atlas left I got up to sneak out, I had planned with Theo for that. 

I got out exactly after 7 minutes Atlas left (technically, that’s how long it takes him to BIB) and came back exactly after 15 minutes precisely if taking 5 minutes to sneak back in through the bathroom don’t count.

“Hey Emerson, didn’t it took Josh long enough for a nature’s call ?” Spoke Theo with a mischievous glare as I stepped back into the living room

“Really, did it ?” I asked him back giving him a ARE YOU TRYING TO BUST ME !! look, while  Emerson paid no attention to our shit, oops ! Conversation.

Instead she said, “Josh, can you please give me the snacks mom kept in the rack”.

Lily before leaving for shopping in her set of instructions surely mentioned about some sort of snacks for all 3 of us, they were supposed to be in a rack but I didn’t remember at all which one it was.

I slapped my head mumbling “was it the rack above the shelf or one of the bottom ones”

“I guess it was the upper one, that’s why Dory told you because Emmy can’t get her hand that high the shelf right now.”

“Let’s hope you’re right Theo”.

I climbed the kitchen counter to check the racks and opened while Emmy kept on insisting to check the racks at the bottom.

As soon as I opened the first one, I found myself dumped in confetti stored for Emmy and Atlas’ Sunday baking “Oh Shittt” I cursed while Emerson had found the snaks in one of the bottom racks.

Never mind, I cleaned it up and thanked god, for fortunately only the confetti fell on the counter and none on the floor, so it was easy to clean.

Later, we all sat back and played Barbie in the DreamHouse, actually not we only Emmy and ate our snacks.

As we watched few crisps fell of Emmy’s hands and then what she spoke was definitely embarrassing.

“Shit, my crips”. She still couldn’t say CRISPS properly, but she learned to speak Shit. 

Theo and I exchanged glances in horror, because we knew how much Lily hated listening ill words from Emmy. 

Then, the therapist in Theo commanded over and he took the charge (probably perks of sticking to studying psychology). I still don’t know what he called his therapy, but it had something to do with tempting the client with a new thing and manipulating them to forget a particular topic.

So, unfortunately I had to get the gift out of my room which I snuck an hour and half ago and planned on giving it next week.

But eventually it made sense, just with a help of gift I got rid of any scoldings worth a week from Atlas. So guess that was worth it.

Finally it took 30 minutes more to get over with the shit stuff. 

“Man, I’m never ever swearing in front of Emmy again” I sighed with relief as Theo saved the day today.

“Well, it’d be great if you keep it up to your word”. Theo laughed terribly loud and finally we three laid back on the couch with Emerson drawing a flower garden when Theo and I discussed about the upcoming Art fest in our school.

After nearly 10 more minutes Lily came back while Atlas was still at BIB, his food critic might have had arrived by now. As soon as she came back, Emerson jumped in her arms and cried, “look Mimi, see Josh got this for me” pointing to a stuff toy of a doll in her hands. “I have named her Snowflake because you know Elsa is my favourite”.

“Of course I know, Sweetheart” spoke Lily as she pulled up Emmy in a soft hug while she eye smiled at me mouthing ‘Thank You!!’

A/n :-
Dear readers, here's my promise of a new chapter every Sunday.. Hope you like this one. Please do vote and comment on this to let me know that you loved it.
Also i did try something new in this with Josh's POV.. Do lemme know if found that cool !!
Till then I'm signing off.. <3

Love,
Dri 💗