Chapter Twelve ❤

“What are you doing Mrs. Corrigon ?” said Atlas staring at me as he made himself comfortable in front of me on the 2 seater couch in our room, just in front of the bed.

“Nothing, just taking out my time to talk to an old friend” I replied while closing my journal and clipped my pen to it.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer. And I snuggled into him more.

“Oh, really!! Then why were you blushing ?” He asked asked as he gave me a lazy grin. And without even  waiting for an answer, he started tickling me and we both laughed till our cheeks hurt. And lied back on the couch, with my legs over his and his arms wrapped around me, while I had buried my face in his chest and he rested his head against mine after giving me a kiss on the head. 

I have really turned to a sucker for forehead kisses, since I started dating him.

 Few minutes passed, and I finally found myself speaking the thoughts I’d had since the morning.

“Atlas, you know today when I saw Alyssa saving his first dance for Marshall. And when they finally did dance. I umm—” 

I realised it’s been so long since I last addressed him with his first name. But somehow, it felt as if the word was always on the tip of my tongue since I last spoke that and now it felt as if it had returned home.

“You felt, the same as we did feel on our first dance” he completed my statement, caressing my face and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear which fell out of my bun.

“Yes, but we didn’t get the chance to dance properly today” I said as a frown settled down on my eyebrows. “We were stuck with our duties to do”.

“Okay, get up then.” Atlas said as he made me sit on the couch and he got up to straighten his night clothes.

“What, no. Why ?” I told him, throwing a tantrum like a baby. “You know I am tired of today. You know I had to wear those thin heels for the whole day.”

“Take a chance, Mrs. Corrigon. You only, wanted a dance, so here. Come on.” He said and held out his hand.

While I spoke, I got up and gave my hand in his.

“But, the kids.”

“They were so tired of their adrenaline rush today that they slept early today. Now, if you agree Mrs. Corrigon, may I have the honour of dancing with you ?” He spoke and gestured towards his other hand and he pulled me closer. 

With one hand he played the music, the song Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez and EmBei Hold while the other one made its way to the small of my back, as soon as the song played he threw his phone on the bed and held my hand with his free hand.

I held his hand and my other hand rested on his shoulder and wrapped around his neck. 

And we danced, slowly and softly. The air around us stilled and we were there just in the moment, feeling the music and the beautifully crafted lyrics.

 As soon  as the song ended, Atlas leaned forward till our noses brushed each other and our mouths were just an inch or two apart. 

“So, tell me Mrs. Corrigon ? Was it worth it”.

“Was what worth it ?”

“The getting up, even having shaky legs due to wearing the heels”. 

“Umm, well maybe it was. Or maybe it’s some cuddling that could make up for the rest”. I spoke as Atlas slowly pushed till my back nearly touched the dressing mirror in our room and I was merely sitting on the dressing table. One of my favourite lotions too fell down, but no one of us bothered to pick it up.

“Really, you only want cuddles Mrs. Corrigon” he spoke with a glint of mischief in his eyes as his hand wrapped the hem of my nightwear, a sky blue shirt of him paired with one of my comfy cotton shorts. The shirt in fact, covered my shorts and both of them, the shirt and shorts ended up half way through my thigh.

As his touch lingered there for a while. I felt a rush of butterflies through my heart and stomach, I didn’t know how could he do that even now, but it was just as the same feeling I got when, I woke up the morning after Lucy’s wedding and found his note.

And then, I melted under his touch and I finally gave in to his strong arms, where I just felt home. And the last thing I remembered was, us in bed together, after really long and clothes heaped on the floor.

A/n :-
Dear readers,
I know this chapter was smaller than the others... And I'm so so sorry for it.. But, i was having some issues, like writer's block when i wrote it, you know... But let it be.. Now i have written it all till part 17-18 and i swear its full of drama... All along.. So I'm hoping you love it...
Anyways, let me know your views on this one wid your votes and comments...
Love
Dri 💗