Chapter Fourteen ❤

(Switched to Emerson’s pov)

“How did you like the cookies daddy ?” I asked as my father reluctantly took a cookie to taste after very much coaxing.

“They are good Emma. You made them ?”

“Yes daddy, Nemo told me to do. He is the best and his makes world’s best crepes and cookies.”

“And you know what Uncle Ryle, Uncle Nemo makes much tastier croutons. I love eating them. And he brings a box full of ‘em whenever he visits.” Rylee joined me in praising Nemo.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about them totally. Rylee, Josh and I eat a lot of croutons made by him when we have sleepovers”.

.

.

.

Both I and Rylee then started to go on a ride for a different conversation giggling and laughing while we had our ice cream sundaes. A Belgian chocolate chip for Rylee, while me and daddy enjoyed a fruit and nut. 

Suddenly we heard a loud bang on our table, I mean really loud. It even made one of the glasses fall, breaking into a hundred tiny pieces, as we attracted the whole ice cream parlour cum café’s undivided attention towards us. 

“Can you please shut yourself ?” I heard someone yell, though his voice was same as of my daddy but I swear it wasn’t him. 

“Why the hell you are so obsessed with that f*cking chef ? Huh. He is not your bloody father. I am. Was your mother not enough for praising that guy, now why are you two started… That man is a liar and pathetic man, he took all my relationships away, he took my wife, my sister, my brother Marshall and now even you both.” He grunted clenching his fist so hard, that the veins on his arms popped out, showing his rage.

I mean he is so funny and calm and polite but this person who was yelling at me and my cousin, well majority of yelling at me just because I was praising my stepdad. 

I was lost in this trail of thoughts, when I felt Rylee covering me, for my daddy was scolding me so much that he was actually on the verge of slapping me. 

And I fought the tears dwelling in my eyes. I silently sobbed, while Rylee covered for me, and panicked at seeing my eyes, red and swollen. She quickly passed me a glass of water, even though I was overwhelmed by emotions I observed that she was too mature to handle this situation, just like Auntie Issa.

It took a few more minutes for daddy to figure out, how he had blacked out of anger again and did something unreasonable, unexpected and especially, unjustified. 

But within minutes, his voice changed, going back to normal as it was before. The cool and calm tone but this time, but his eyes had a different story to tell. They were full of guilt, realising of what he’s done some moments ago. He panicked and repeatedly told me, not to tell this to anyone. But the difference was that now, he was asking for forgiveness, actually begging for it. And I couldn’t help but nod at him, but I remember he spoke less about apologies and more about not telling the incident to Mimi. 

He even took me, to a toy store and got me some new toys and even some new hair accessories. Although, I was sad earlier but now I quite enjoyed it. Even though I didn’t say that, It was visible in my excitement and actions. 

When I thought of going to home, I feared that what would I tell Mimi, why my eyes were so red. But then daddy, told me that I was going for a sleepover and I felt a sudden sense of joy in my heart. 

And the rest of the day was spent in a quiet and blur manner, but there was a feeling of sharing the incident with someone who would understand what happened or how I felt. But, I knew one thing, certainly I couldn’t share it with mimi, for daddy would feel betrayed, and I did pwomise (promise) him about not telling to Mimi.

So, I decided to stay silent and waited till I got home, next morning.

—————————

Next morning, I had cereal with Auntie Issa, Uncle Marshall and Rylee. Daddy texted, he won’t be joining us because of some urgent issues and that he’ll meet me in the evening at the party.

So, I got ready and Uncle Marshall dropped me off. I rushed straight to Nemo’s room to talk to him but I saw mimi there, taking out her and nemo’s clothes for the evening.

“Good morning Mimi, where’s Nemo ? Oh, and Josh too ?”

“Good morning darling, Nemo is at The Corrigon’s managing stuff before the evening party. He’ll be here in 20 minutes. And Josh is asleep and will wake up, I don’t know when, you know his sleep schedule”. She chuckled lightly.

“Oh,okay.” I tried my best not to sound disappointed but then I changed the subject, “Mimi are you going to wear this in the evening ?”

“Yes sweetie, now come let’s take out your dress and then finalise your hairstyle for the evening.”

I nodded with excitement as we headed to my wardrobe and Mimi took out a beautiful light lemon coloured dress with flowers on its hemline with beads on it. I have absolutely adored that dress, and actually never wore it once. I still remember it was a surprise birthday present from Auntie Issa on my birthday but then, I wore the one gifted by Mimi and Nemo.

It had been roughly 15 minutes since I came home and finally the bell rang and I rushed out to the door. 

A/n :-
Hey folks!!
Tell me fast in the comments, how's this chapter.
And alsooo, one more thing...umm.. Actually i have written this story till chapter 20 in my drafts and now I'm having trouble getting more ideas of what i could do... So tell me freely if i should end this book by nearly 25-26 parts and start with a new draft book or you need to see more of AtLy 🌷...

And yepp.. You can expect a book announcement in this week.. And i am super excited for that so I'm gonna drop off the name...
It's "Saazishein"..
Anyways, hope you liked reading it.. And please do let me know your views with votes and comments...

Love,
Dri 💗