Chapter Eleven ❤

(Back to lily’s pov)

I walked up to the couch, and made Emmy sit there who is now playing with Theo and her new doll “snowflake” and then walked back to the kitchen counter to fetch a glass of water for myself. 

“Thank you for the doll Josh, but you didn’t have to get it”.

Josh then came up to me, and said in a low voice “I got one for Rylee as well” ignoring my earlier question and continued “I wanted to give it to both of them together but Emmy found hers today only. You can take it to Aunty Issa tomorrow morning if you’re going out with her”.

“Umm— I would’ve loved to do that, but since you got it, you should be the one to give it to her”.

“Oh-okay, I will”.

I silently read between his shortage of lines, ‘He was shy because he got something for Emerson for the very first time and since he, though very old to be in Emmy and Rylee’s circle, still acts as their sounding board each time, hence, really attached to both of them. So, he got the dolls for both of them’.

Our silence was interrupted with the sound of a doorbell, I patted Josh on the shoulder and moved to the door and checked from the keyhole, who was there.

I took a deep breath, when I saw through it Atlas and Brad standing and joking with each other. I know it’s funny to act so weird, but still I get anxious when I’m alone at home because of Ryle. I let the thoughts of him leave my mind and opened the door, as soon as I saw Atlas, he rushed in and picked me up in his arms sweeping my feet off the floor and spun around at least 3 to 4 rounds.

“We did it ! We did it ! We did it, Mrs. Corrigon”

Brad stood in the passageway looking at us, I for once thought I saw his eyes red. Maybe he remembered Selina, Theo’s mother who passed away in an accident when Theo was 5 years old.

“What happened Mr.Corrigan, tell me in detail and yes, first of all put me back on my feet”.

Atlas came closer, till our breaths were perfectly synced and our noses, brushing each other and inching towards me. He softly kissed the corner of my mouth and slowly put me back to my feet. And finally spoke, “The critic went home, super happy and also he agreed to give me 5 star reviews for my first book as well. We’ll dive into the details with dinner” pointing towards Brad who now leaned over a wall while holding a package of dinner in his hands with the label “Better In Boston”.

After that we had a dinner, filled with fun and frolic, laughter and wine and deets about the food critic.

Theo soon left after the dinner with Brad, and both Emerson and Josh retired in their rooms as it got late by the time dinner finished when I was left alone with Atlas, who was cleaning the dishes as I washed them.

“So…you think I will be featured in the list by this month, Mrs. Corrigon ?”

“Of,course you will be, Mr. Corrigon. I do believe you.”

By this time, we were done with the dishes and I was turning the taps off when Atlas came behind me, curled his arms around my waist and buried his face in my collarbone, murmuring something and kissing my tattoo. He thought that I didn’t hear him, but I knew what he did. He did this every time he felt overwhelmed by any emotion. He simply repeated the way he ever confessed his love to me.

————————

Dear Ellen, 

It was finally time today, we were getting ready for the wedding. We had reached the venue in the morning, because Atlas had his chef mode on and was handing the catering while I was due on the bridesmaids’ duties. And along all the time, Josh took up the duty to babysit the girls, who got ready and decided to play Tea party with their dolls, Snowflake and Pepper, Rylee named her doll so. But there was something I was afraid of. Actually not a thing, a person. Emerson’s father, Dr. Ryle Kincaid, who flew back yesterday for his sister and best friend’s second wedding from England after three months who simply ignored me and Atlas and kept up with his best man’s duties. But honestly, I wasn’t sure if I was scared of him or his plotting for our daughter. But, I just knew that I was scared. 

However, fortunately, everything went smoothly, much more smoothly than expected. Ryle simply greeted both me and Atlas, in a courteous and formal manner when we came to the aisle before I walked behind Alyssa, as she walked with Mr. Kincaid. 

While, everyone else at the wedding had their eyes on the bride walking down the aisle with a bouquet of red roses, I knew there was a pair of eyes, who just looked at me. As for him, no one else mattered, while I searched for the eyes around, I found them. The beautiful ocean blue eyes, the eyes I fell in love with looking in mine.

(Oh my gawd, I can't stop BLUSHING!!)

Well Ellen, getting back at Mr. Kincaid’s topic, he also took Emmy around for sometime during the ceremony and then by the end he  even took the permission to take the girls for an ice cream date the next day, to which I politely agreed. After all, he too was the father of Emmy. And then, after that it went all too well.

But Ellen, I am terribly terrified of a small voice echoing in my head, ‘Many things are going to shatter. Nothing works out too well’. I just hope, everything works out tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is the day for relaxation when the girls will be going out for ice cream and then day after tomorrow will be the after party of the wedding, over the weekend.

Love,

Lily Blossom Bloom Corrigon.<3

A/n:-
Dear readers,
I hope u enjoyed ur read... And i really wish you let me know your views on this one. Please send me your love and support through your comments and and votes.
Also, i need some confession to make.. I am writing another story... It's kinda an indian Romance story.. And it has many tropes like the grumpy * sunshine and also childhood sweetheart... I do hope I could do justice to that.

Till then i hope you enjoy this one..
Love,
Dri 💗