chapter 2

Riley and Mack left France the next day as they both had to be back in Australia for their respective jobs. Riley had her next race in less than a week and Mack had clients lined up for his real estate business. 

The flight home was tense and Riley had no idea why it was like that, Mack had seemed okay with going to Kit and Pierre's wedding so why was he grumpy now?

"Can you stop moving around, gods sake?" Mack snapped as Riley adjusted herself in her seat. 

"Sorry." Riley mumbled. "I was just trying to get comfy." 

"Well, stop it." 

Once they had gotten back to Australia, Mack's mood had flipped around and things were back to normal for the couple. Riley spent the first couple of days in the gym with her personal trainer while Mack was at work, so they didn't really see each other much. 

Although when she wasn't busy Riley found herself alternating between messaging Kit and Oscar. Oscar was funnier than the media gave him credit for and Riley found herself laughing every time he sent another F1 meme through. 

On the Thursday before the race, Riley and Mack flew up from Melbourne to Adelaide as Riley's next race was at the Tailem bend circuit. This flight went a lot better than the last as Riley was excited to race and see her cousin again. 

The couple were posted up in the Pitlane Hotel courtesy of Riley needing to be close to all the action. They hung around in their hotel for a few hours until Riley had to go out.

A few of the younger drivers had decided they were going to go out for tea, earlier in the week. Their going out party consisted of Riley, Broc, Will Brown, Cam Waters, Thomas Randle and Chaz Mostert.

Riley currently was digging through her suitcase trying to find an outfit for tonight, it didn't need to be super fancy, just presentable.

She chose her matching light grey jacket and skirt and paired the combo with a dark blue shirt and her purple boots. She also grabbed her mini backpack to take with her. 

"I'll be back later babe." She told Mack as she stood at the door to their room. "I love you." 

"Yeah you too." Mack said back, he was buried in whatever he was looking at on his phone. 

Riley left her room on the second floor and made her way down to the lobby filled with various racecars. When she left the elevator she took a look around for her cousin. It was no surprise she found him standing next to his race-winning car from last year. 

"How narcissistic of you." she greeted him, coming to a stop at his side. Riley too gazed at the car and imagined what it would feel like to win in one. Her rookie season was going great but she still hadn't managed to get onto the top step of the podium. 

Broc rolled his eyes at her comment, "It's nice to see you too Riley and don't judge me, I was reminiscing!" 

"Yeah sure you were." Riley fake coughed, "Now come on i'm hungry." 

"You're always hungry." Broc commented as they began walking. 

"Oh shut up!" 

"I'll leave you here, don't test me."

"No! I need food!"