Chapter 11

The few rounds of Mario Kart they played was fun, they started off very competitive and slowly became more relaxed as they played. "So." Oscar said after a couple minutes of silence, "what's your love language?" 

"Hmm, probably touch." Riley answered as she hit a tree, "What's yours?" 

"Acts of service or words of affirmation i think." Oscar responded driving past her. "what's your favourite nickname?" 

"What is this another round of twenty-one questions?" Riley muttered, "But it's Riles or if i'm in a relationship either love or darling, what about you?"

"No i'm just gaining information about you for when i need it," Oscar huffed, "I don't know i've never had a nickname apart from Pastry and you are not calling me that." 

"Hehe Pastry." Riley giggled like a child causing Oscar to throw a red shell at her. "Okay um going out with your partner or staying in?" 

"Staying in, i hate people." Oscar declared, "I need my recharge time." 

"Agreed." Riley nodded as she passed Oscar again. 

"What- how?" Oscar gasped as Riley passed him and threw a red shell back at him, "I'm getting you back for that." 

"I'd like to see you try." Riley giggled. 

They continued their Mario Kart session for another ten minutes before they thought it was best to make an appearance in the garage. the garage was half empty as some of the team was obviously out celebrating Will's win.

Mack was still there though and Oscar scowled as he pretended to fuss over Riley and hugged her tightly. He decided to go for a walk now seeing that Riley was alright and she would be staying back late to help fix her car.

"Hey Riles, I'm going to take a walk and then probably head off." He tapped her shoulder and she stepped back from Mack.

"Right, I hope you had fun." She Grinned.

"I did." Oscar smiled back before walking out of the garage. He decided to take a walk in the paddock instead of the pitlane, making his way around to the back of the garages.

He made it a quarter of the way down the paddock focused on his feet before his mind ran away from him. He started thinking about what had happened over the last few days and how his world had changed by the appearance of one girl and an order from his team.

First he attended his rival's wedding in France then a week later he was on a plane to Australia and to meet up with the beautiful girl he had met at the wedding. Then he's meeting her friends and cousin.

Thump

Oscar had clearly been thinking wayyy too deeply as he ended up on his ass in the middle of the paddock. He looked up and found Riley cousin standing above him looking just as confused as he was so, Oscar blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Your shoulders are really boney." Oscar said and simultaneously cringed at himself.

Broc's eyebrows furrowed behind his sunnies, "thanks mate?" He held out a hand to help Oscar up.

"Sorry." Oscar sighed standing up and brushing his Mclaren polo off, "it's been a long day and I was thinking too much."

"Not about Riley I hope." Broc joked crossing his arms. "She told me about the little thing you've got going on."

"Ah, you're not going to beat me up I hope." Oscar scratched the back of his neck.

"Nah." Broc slid his sunnies onto the top of his head," that's reserved for when she breaks up with that dickhead she's with now."

"That's good, I don't like him either." Oscar blurted out.

"Not a lot of us do mate, don't know what she sees in the bloody bloke."

Oscar let a small grin settle on his face as he could finally let out the feelings he had been holding all day. "Mate he tried to tell me to back off this morning when Riley had her back turned and then later when she crashed he blamed it on her."

"Are you serious?" Broc exclaimed.

"Yeah I am." Oscar nodded. 

"Right well i think it's time to break them up for good." Broc schemed, "I don't mean to think for Riley but i don't think she's truly happy in that relationship either."

"I agree." Oscar smirked and checked his watch, "And as much as i would like to head back in there and give him a piece of my mind, i am going to head back to the hotel." 

  "Yeah alright mate." Broc sighed pulling his sunnies back down, "Hey do you want to give me your number, i can add you to the couple group chats i've got going with Will and Riley."

Oscar pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to Broc. After a couple of minutes Broc handed it back and they said their goodbyes.

‐--------------------
This weekend seemed to not be the best for Riley and by the time the third race rolled around she was ready to give up. It had started so good and had only gone downhill as her visit to the Bend Motorsport park ticked away. First she was caught up in a crash on Saturday, then she had finished a measly p13 in the second race and Broc had decided to tap her (which she would be complaining about in the group chat because she is dramatic) so she had mild damage. 

Riley finished her last race and weekend in the same spot she had started before hand, another p13. She couldn't help but feel disappointed in herself and her poor efforts this weekend. It meant her cousin and his team mate were closer to taking over the championship lead than she was now. 

It was times like this that she had to remind herself she was a rookie. It wasn't like she magically was going to burst onto the scene and get wins and podiums every week. Luckily she had some down time now before she had to prepare for the enduro season. 

Riley liked to spend her off weeks back at home in her small two bedroom apartment located in the suburb of Brighton. It was close to the beach which was what Riley loved as she had always grown up near the beach and it wasn't a far commute into the city which was a compromise she did with Mack as he was insistent on living right in Melbourne. 

Her weeks were normally slow, filled with general housework as well as going to the gym and spending time on the sim. She had a whole rig especially set up in her second bedroom. 

She was glad she had two whole weeks now to rest and get her head back into the game or at least she thought she did until a notification popped up on her phone while she was doing the dishes.