chapter 14

A/n mild abuse warning, dont read if ur uncomfy. I'll put a place holder (🏁) for when the scene is over if u wanna scroll down.

"You barely acknowledged me all day." Mack muttered angrily as they walked out of the hospitality. 

"You know i was here to support Oscar and i'm sorry." Riley quickly said not wanting an angry Mack to deal with.

"Doesn't mean you can just ignore me though." 

"Yeah well you were off with your friends all weekend, so really, you were ignoring me." Riley fumed as they walked towards the car. 

"Whatever, just get in the car, you brat." Mack opened the boot, threw Riley's bag in and then slammed the door.

The ride back to their hotel was very tense. Riley was just waiting for Mack to snap, as it was obvious he had to urge to hit something, his hands were white knuckled on the steering wheel.

She tried to not look at her boyfriend in the elevator in hopes that her subtle submissiveness would ease the tension a little. 

Mack kindly let her in the hotel room first and then like a switch, began swearing and shoved her up against the hotel room door.

Riley dropped her bag and instinctively covered her face. It was a reactive move that wouldn't work, he never went for anywhere that would show. 

"You stupid bitch." Mack snarled. "Didn't think I'd actually be upset about you and Oscar? Well guess what i am. No one gets to touch you except me. "

Mack punched her stomach and Riley cried out in pain. She was shaking like a leaf now and regretting her decision to leave with Mack. 

He gripped her hair and twisted before delivering another couple of punches. Riley shut her eyes and prayed for the nightmare to be over. 

"Pl-please stop." Riley mumbled.

"What did you say bitch?" Mack chuckled, "probably nothing important."

Mack dropped his hold of her and she fell to the ground next to her discarded bag. 

"By the way we're going out with my friends tonight so you better get ready soon." Mack called as he walked into the bathroom. 

Riley curled into a small ball on the floor of the hotel room. She ran though a couple breathing exercises to bring her mind back to normal. No matter how many times he hit her she could never understand why. 

Now twenty minutes she was getting ready to go to the nightclub Mack was dragging her to meet his boarding school friends he talked so much about.

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

"Riley you almost ready?" Mack called from the bedroom, "the ubers almost here."

"Yeah! Just gotta put my shoes on." Riley answered.

She was dressed in high zebra print flare pants, a black crop top and she had white boots to match.

Once her shoes were on, Riley grabbed her clubbing bag that she had packed earlier. She then met Mack out in the living room. He gave her a quick kiss and opened the door for her.

"Thanks babe." She grinned trying to pretend like everything was fine, "let's go get this party started."

After ample conversation in the lift they just decided to listen to music in the car or well Mack did. 

They arrived at the nightclub and only had to wait a few minutes to get in, because one of Mack's buddies had special access.

Mack and her grabbed their preferred drinks from the busy bar and then made their way over to Mack's friends and their girlfriends. They managed to squish around a circular table in the corner of the large room.