CHAPTER NINE, a war of roses

(violet's outfit for this chapter)

"Wow! Look at all these roses!" Violet said with surprise, smiling at the room full of roses

"Wow! Look at all these roses!" Violet said with surprise, smiling at the room full of roses. "I wonder who they're all for."

"No idea." Jackson shakes his head. "I couldn't find the card." 

Then the door to the living room opened and Max rushes into the living room first, leading the four women inside. Becky, who had been staying at the house after the renunion show, gasps in shock at all the roses. "Oh.." Stephanie said, her eyes widening.

"My..." Kimmy added, staring at the room with surprise.

"Lanta!" DJ finished, looking around at the roses with surprise.

"The whole house smells like potpourri." Max commented.

"Who are these for?" Becky asked.

"We don't know." Jackson shrugs. "I just let the delivery guy in and signed my mom's name."

DJ looks at him with wide eyes. "Wha...You signed my name?"

"Yeah," Jackson smiles. "I'm getting really good at it. Oh, and by the way, thanks for getting me out of gym class." DJ looked at him with disbelief.

Violet grimaces and nudges him. "Jax, that's probably something you shouldn't tell her."

"Gotta go." Jackson nervously said and walked out of the room. 

****

Violet was now in the kitchen later that day, helping Jackson washing the dishes when Lola walked in with Ramona. Jackson perks up upon seeing Lola and smiles dreamingly at her. "Hey, Lola."

"Hey, dude." Lola waved at him and walked up the stairs.

"I'll be right there." Ramona calls after her and she stands by the counter, glancing at Jackson with sympathy. "Look, I know you like Lola, but the worst thing just happened."

Becky, who was also helping with washing the dishes, grins excitedly. "Ooh, more drama." She quickly walks over to where the teens were standing. 

Jackson sets the dish and towel he held down and walks around the counter. He looks at Ramona with confusion. "What?"

"She called you 'dude', dude." Ramona told him.

Jackson shrugs. "So?"

"'Dude' means you've entered...The dreaded friendzone"." Ramona said dramatically.

"It's true." Becky nods. "'Bud', 'pal', 'dude'...Even 'amigo'." Ramona nodded and pointed at her in a sign of agreement.

Jackson's eyes widen. "She amigo-ed me yesterday! What do I do?"

"Once you're in the friendzone, you can never get out." Ramona replies. "It's like Alcatraz." Her eyes widen in realization. "Or IKEA."

"I don't think that's true." Violet chimes in. "I mean, it might seem like you can never get out, but if it turns out you both like each other then you can get out of the dreaded friendzone." She said, saying 'dreaded freindzone' dramatically like Ramona did.