CHAPTER TWENTY, girl talk

Going back to school after Thanksgiving break or any holiday break was always hard. It was a struggle to adjust back to the daily routine and having to wake up early and deal with a bunch of homework. The only positive was seeing all her friends again and spending time with them. But Violet still had a hard time adjusting. She wasn't much of a morning person and hated waking up early. She loved her sleep and preferred sleeping in when she could. But of course, going back to school was mandatory.

She follows Jackson and Ramona inside the house next door, annoyed by their constant bickering. They've been bickering non stop lately and she was tired of hearing it. It was irritating and she didn't understand why they couldn't just get along. "You can't just go into my locker." Jackson told Ramona with a glare while the trio walked into the kitchen.

"I was looking for my earbuds, which you took without asking." Ramona pointed out.

"How did you even get into my locker?" Jackson asked with surprise.

"It's not that hard, Jax." Violet chimes in as she leans against the kitchen island. "Your locker combination is easy to figure out. Might wanna change it to something more complicated than one, two, three." She suggested.

Jackson glances at her and lets out a frustrated sigh. "You're supposed to be on my side." He frowned.

"I'm not on anyone's side." Violet responds, raising her hands in defense. "Just think that combination isn't a good one."

"Mom, make Ramona stop invading my space." Jackson complained, looking over at his mom with a pleading expression.

"Mom, make Jackson stop taking my stuff." Ramona countered.

"This has been going on all day." Violet groaned in annoyance, looking at Kimmy and DJ with annoyance as she brought her hands up to rub her temples. Kimmy and DJ sent her a sympathetic look, understanding how frustrating it must be for her.

"Aren't they cute?" Kimmy grins. "They're just like brother and sister."

Ramona and Jackson look at each other with disgust, stepping away from each other quickly. "No, we're not." They both said together.

"Aww!" DJ and Kimmy smiled at each other while Violet chuckled, looking at them with amusement.

"Vi, where are you going?" Jackson asked with confusion when Violet started walking to the living room to leave.

"Heading home, I need some peace and quiet," Violet replies, rubbing her temples again. "You two can keep bickering all you want, but count me out." She mumbled as she walked into the living room.

Jackson exchanges a glance with Ramona before he turns and follows Violet with a frown. "Violet, wait up," He calls out, jogging after her. "Are you okay?"

Violet stops and turns to face him, sighing heavily. "I'm just...tired of the constant arguing," She admits, her shoulders slumping. "It's giving me a headache."

Jackson's frown deepens, and he steps closer to her, concern etched on his face. "I'm sorry, Vi," He says softly, reaching out to gently touch her arm. "We'll try to keep it down. I promise."

Violet smiles a bit, feeling her cheeks flush slightly at his touch. "Thanks, Jax," She says quietly, her eyes meeting his. "I appreciate that."

Jackson returns her smile, and the two of them stand there for a moment, simply gazing at each other. Then, Jackson breaks the silence, his tone light and teasing. "So, are you coming over later to hang out?" He asked, hoping she says yes.

Violet giggles and rolls her eyes playfully, trying to ignore the flutter in her chest. "Of course, dummy," She responds, poking him in the chest lightly. "Where else would I be?"