CHAPTER TEN, a giant leap

(this is violet's look for the chapter)

Violet still couldn't believe it. Stephanie was dating Hunter Pence. The Hunter Pence. The baseball star. She will always wonder how she got to dating someone as famous as him, but she was glad that the blonde did because now she was able to meet him. Even though sports aren't really her thing, she loves baseball. Jackson was actually the one who got her into watching it. He convinced her to watch a game with him and at first she found it boring, but the more she watched it the more she was interested in it. So now thanks to Jackson she loves baseball.

Violet was currently hanging out with Ramona next door when the doorbell rang. They both shared an excited smile since they knew who was at the door. Grabbing their phones, they rush out of Ramona's room, meeting Jackson in the hallway since he just left his and Max's room excitedly. The three teens rushed down the stairs, talking with each other excitedly while they gathered with everyone else in front of the steps that were in front of the front door.

"Okay, look," Stephanie stands in front of the door, glancing at everyone nervously. "I just started dating this guy. Everybody, just please act normal."

"But it's Hunter Pence." Jackson excitedly said. "He's my favorite San Francisco Giant. The man's won two World Series."

"Just don't embarrass me, okay?" Stephanie pleaded.

"No promises." Violet responded as the others muttered in agreement.

Stephanie opens the door, smiling at her boyfriend. "Hi!"

"Hi!" Hunter greeted, smiling back at her and they hugged each other as he kissed her on the cheek.

Everyone stares at him in awe while Stephanie closes the door. Then they all talk over each other out of excitement, rushing over to Hunter, asking him for a selfie. Max dragged him into the living room where the others took pictures with Hunter.

"Hunter, I apologize." Stephanie speaks up. "This is my family not embarrassing me."

"I don't know what all the fuss is about." Hunter shrugs. "I'm just a regular guy. I put on my uniform two legs at a time."

DJ raises her eyebrows. "Don't you mean one leg at a time?"

"No." Hunter shakes his head. "I stand on my bed and jump right into them."

"Well, that's different." Violet chuckled.

Kimmy smiles, shaking hands with Hunter. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Underpants."

"It's Hunter Pence." Hunter corrected her.

Kimmy furrows her eyebrows. "Really?" She shakes her head, frowning slightly. "That's disappointing."

"Well, sit. Sit, sit." DJ ushers for the famous baseball player to sit down and everyone gather around Stephanie and Hunter as they sit down on the couch together. DJ smiles. "Oh, it's so nice to have you. You and Stephanie make the cutest couple. And Stephanie is the nicest person I've ever met." She bends down to Stephanie, whispering to her, "How was that?"