CHAPTER SEVENTEEN, curse of tanner manner

Violet wasn't a fan of Halloween

Violet wasn't a fan of Halloween. She didn't like scary movies or haunted houses. But when Ramona and Jackson asked her if she wanted to go with them to a haunted house, she didn't have the heart to say no. Plus she didn't want to seem lame and not go because she didn't want to watch scary stuff. So she put on a brave face and agreed.

DJ had been surprised the three preteens didn't want to stick around for the Halloween party she was throwing for Max and his friends, but she understood. When Violet got to Mighty Mountain Haunted Halloween, she noticed even the outside of the building looked scary. She didn't even want to imagine what the inside was like.

"I can't believe I agreed to go with you guys." Violet muttered, hugging her arms as the three of them stood in line.

"Come on, Vivi. It'll be fun." Jackson insisted.

"Yeah, and we'll be together the whole time." Ramona reassured Violet.

Inside the haunted house, there were tons of different scary props and decorations. A lot of scare actors too. While Violet knew they were just actors, that didn't mean they didn't scare her. And the fact that the three of them got separated made it worse.

"This is why I hate haunted houses and haunted mazes. I always get lost." Violet complained as she walked down the hallway by herself. "Jackson, Ramona, where are you?"

Violet let out a scream, eyes widening when a scary looking clown popped out, jumping back a bit and nearly falling. She bumped into someone which made her scream even more.

"Hey, Vi, it's just me! Calm down!"

She takes a deep breath, her heart rate slowly calming down when she realized Jackson stood by her, his hands on her shoulders to steady her and keep her from falling. "Oh, thank god it's just you." Violet said in relief.

"Yeah, you should've seen your face. You were so scared." Jackson grinned.

Violet rolls her eyes. "As if you're not scared. I could hear your screams from the other room."

"Okay, you got me. This place is really scary." Jackson admitted, taking a deep breath as he took a quick glance around the hallway.

"Where's Ramona?" Violet asked.

"Right here."

Both Violet and Jackson yelp at the sudden voice, grabbing onto each other instinctively and glancing at the person who appeared beside them. Ramona laughs. "Oh my gosh, you should've seen your faces!"

Violet and Jackson glares. "Not funny." Volet replied with a pout.

"I disagree. That was hilarious." Ramona retorts.

"Yeah, well, let's just keep moving." Violet said.

As they continued walking, the three of them walking around a corner. "See? These theme parks aren't that scary." Jackson commented, jumping back and bumping into Violet accidentally, letting out a yelp when he saw one of the creepy skeleton decorations .