CHAPTER NINETEEN, fuller thanksgiving

(violet's outfit for the first part of the chapter) 

Thanksgiving is normally a time for family, but for Violet, it was always a bit complicated and lonely

Thanksgiving is normally a time for family, but for Violet, it was always a bit complicated and lonely. Her parents didn't even care enough to take a moment from their busy schedules to have a Thanksgiving meal with their daughter. Despite the absence of her biological family, Violet found solace and warmth in spending Thanksgiving with her secondary family - The Fullers. She went to their house each year for Thanksgiving and she always felt so welcomed and loved. Way much more than her own family ever made her feel.

She had known the Fullers since she was a child. They were her neighbors, and over the years, they had become like a second family to her. Their Thanksgiving gatherings were filled with laughter, delicious food, and genuine affection. This year was no different. It was the night before Thanksgiving day when the rest of the Fuller family would arrive. She had let DJ know that whoever needed a place to stay was more than welcome to stay at her house since she had plenty of space. With her being the only one living there most of the time (basically all the time), there was her parents room, and two guest rooms that were available. Plus the couches in the living room. And she knew how big the Fuller Family was so she didn't mind at all.

It was currently late at night and she was curled up on the couch in her living room, continuing to rewatch Supernatural when she suddenly had gotten a knock at the door. She furrowed her eyebrows and checked the time on her phone. She wasn't expecting anyone and it was late. It was around ten pm. Maybe someone at the Fuller's needed to stay over at the last minute? She set her phone aside and paused her show, getting up and going over to the door. When she opened it, she was surprised to see Jackson. And Ramona. And Max.

"Uh, hi?" She said with surprise, her eyes widening. She wasn't expecting them all here. "Everything okay over there?"

"Joey brought his little maniac kids." Jackson grumbles as he steps past her, making himself at home while he walks into the living room. "Mom let the boys stay in mine and Max's room and the girls in Ramona's room, but they're too much." He complained, plopping down on the couch dramatically.

"I thought they were adorable at first." Ramona confesses, sitting on a recliner with a heavy sigh. "Now..."

"Not so much?" Violet guessed with an amused smile as she closed the door, locking it as well after Max walked in with Cosmo. She smiled at the golden retriever, bending down to pet him. Cosmo's tail wagged happily as he was greeted by her.

"Yeah," Ramona agrees with a nod and leans back in the recliner. "They're horrible. They're like monsters."

"That's insulting to monsters." Max mumbled as he laid down by his brother on the couch. Cosmo followed him and laid at his feet on the floor. Violet raised her eyebrows at that and went over to her couch, laying back down and resuming her show.

"We came here because we couldn't take it anymore," Jackson said. "It's like a circus over there." He sighs and glances over at Violet with an apologetic expression. "Sorry we just crashed your place. We didn't want to disturb you but-"