CHAPTER FOURTEEN, welcome back

(violet's outfit for this chapter) 

It was the end of summer break. Violet went to camp for the summer and she honestly loved it. It was the first time she ever went to camp before and she had a blast, but she was glad to be back. For the summer Violet decided to change her hair. She had pretty long hair before so she decided to cut it so it was shoulder blade length. It was nice to try something different, plus the short hair felt cooler in the summer. 

Jackson and Ramona had been away the whole summer going to camp. While Ramona went to dance camp, Jackson went to a wilderness camp. Violet wasn't really a fan of camp so she stayed home during the summer. She was at the Fuller's house in the kitchen, smiling as she watched DJ put Tommy on the floor and helped him walk. Tommy had been learning how to walk lately. Violet couldn't believe how much he had grown in the past few months.

"Tommy, you're getting so much better at it!" Violet praised, smiling proudly after DJ picked Tommy up.

DJ smiles widely. "Right? He's growing up too fast, he needs to stop." She said jokingly. She glances down at her youngest son with a smile. "Pretty sure you're gonna do this all by yourself! You'll be walking and then running....And then going to college." She frowns. "And then I'll be a grandma. And you're gonna put me in a nursing home. Yu got a lot of nerve!" Violet chuckles lightly, smiling with amusement as DJ put him back in his highchair. "So, Vivi, guess what?" She said, smiling at the teen.

Violet smiles back at her, raising her eyebrows and looking curious. "What?"

"I finally made a decision between Matt or Steve." DJ admitted.

Violet's eyes widen and she smiles. "Deej, that's great! If you don't tell me who you picked I will literally die." She dramatically spoke. She was surprised that DJ had finally made a decision, but she was happy that she did. 

DJ laughs and rolls her eyes playfully. She then walks over to where Violet sat at the table, whispering who she picked in her ear. Violet gasps, her eyes widen and an excited smile tugs on her lips. "Seriously?"

"I know!" DJ nods in agreement, smiling from ear to ear. "I was as surprised as you are!"

"We're back!" 

Violet turns her attention to the door that led to the kitchen, smiling widely when she saw Kimmy, Ramona, and Jackson. As DJ hugged them, Violet got up to hug them as well. "Mona!" She said excitedly to Ramona, who grins at her as they hug. "How was dance camp?"

"It was amazing, Vivi!" Ramona grins. She shakes her head. "Kinda awkward with my mom being there though."

"I thought parents weren't allowed there." Violet raised her eyebrows, looking at her with confusion.

"She stayed after she came for visiting day." Ramona explained and Violet nodded in realization. She then walked over to DJ and Jackson with a smile.

"You've only been gone eight weeks and you're already taller than I am," DJ smiles sadly and ruffles his hair. "Stop growing."