1

Mali'kis POV

Location: Herwi Clan

The cold air brushed past me as I ran through the clan. The members tried greeting me but I was too focused on meeting my mother and father after their long journey.

The horn blew and I immediately felt the shift in the atmosphere. I stood there with the other members and waited for the warrior party to walk through the border.

I saw my mother and fathers direhorse lead the group and I smiled proudly as she rode on the back of the animal with a strong look on her face. "Mom! Dad!" I shouted as the group finally entered the clans borders, my mother and father jumped down from their direhorse and ran to me.

"My child" my mother embraced me first in a bear crushing hug, I inhaled her scent as it was intriguing to me. "How was the patrol?" I asked her as she pulled away from the hug and tucked one of my braids behind my ear, "it was quiet. Nayila got a clean kill though" she motioned her head towards the female that was carrying a Hexapede on her back. My father then pulled me into a hug and I giggled as he ruffled my hair a little.

My mouth hung open as I admired Nayila for her impressive strength. "Congratulations Nayila!" I shouted and she gave me a smile, her parents are definitely proud I thought to myself as I shut my mouth and followed beside my mother to the spirit tree. My father had returned home to get cleaned up and do whatever he does.

"Mali'ki, come" she spoke softly as she took a seat and I joined her. She grabbed ahold of my braid and attached it to the roots of the tree, "feel Eywa. Feel her warmth. Her heartbeat. Her strength" my mother spoke as she gently rubbed her fingers against my knuckles.

I closed my eyes and felt the strong, mighty, powerful heart of Eywa. The soft hum of my mothers voice was heard as I felt the connection between me and Eywa deepen.

"My daughter, you are more powerful than any other Tsahík. You are purely a gift from Eywa.. tell me what do you see? What is Eywa gonna bring to us" my mother gently spoke, I opened my eyes and saw my mother staring at me. The trees light moved in waves.

I inhaled sharply and felt the familiar tug. I accepted the vision and was pulled into it. There stood a family within the forest. The Olo'eyktan was stepping down and fleeing.

I gasped and pulled myself out of it before it could show any more, "mother.. I shouldn't be doing this.. Eywa has a plan and I shouldn't be seeing it. You should be. You are the Tsahík" I mumbled, my mother nodded her head in understanding. She knew not to push me when it came to connecting to Eywa.

"It's okay, let's go home" she detached my braid and pulled me into her as we walked back home. Me and my parents were extremely close. They were my best friend. We walked home and greeted the other members as we passed by.

It was almost eclipse and I could tell my mother was tired after a long day.

So we entered our home and lounged about until it was time to go to sleep. My mother was creating medicines while I was cleaning up a bit. Now my father was already asleep.

Our clans seamstress, Rena, had delivered some more clothing and well it was my responsibility to put the clothes away while my mother was out. But I was distracted since the clothes were still in the basket that they were given in.

My mother yawned and I looked at her, "get some sleep mama" I told her as she stood up and gave me a kiss on the head. "Goodnight my daughter" she said tiredly, I gave her a small smile and decided to head off to bed as well.

My room was dimly lit. I plopped onto my bed and sighed softly.

I curled into a ball and felt sleep heavy on my eyelids. Without fighting it, I allowed sleep to consume me. The sounds of Pandora lured me into a dark sleep along with the sounds of the wind, the night patrol, and the sound of crackling fire.