15

Neteyam's POV

I could hear the commotion of my family around me, I could feel the weight of someone sitting on me, so I opened my eyes slowly and saw Tuk close to my face.

"Good morning big brother" she smiled and I chuckled, "good morning Tuk" I looked around and saw my family looking at me, "what?" I questioned as I sat up, Tuk got off of me. My mother held a sad expression along with my siblings and my dad just looked troubled.

"Son, Mali'ki is gone. We sent out a search party and they found her tracks but they disappeared" he stated solemnly, I stared in disbelief at my father but deep down something tugged at my heart that he was telling the truth.

"You did this. You didn't believe her" I snapped suddenly and stood up from my place and stormed out of the house. My family calling after me as I walked to Mali'kis old hut, once I was inside of her home it was cold and very quiet.

I went into her bedroom and saw the messed up bedsheets from when me and her slept together after my fight with Orlo. I searched around and saw a book tucked in some of the fabric that was leftover from her clothing.

I pulled the book out of the fabric basket and opened it. It was a journal, my father told us about how on earth there would be people that would write down their feelings in books.

This was her book. It felt wrong to read it but I sat carefully on the floor beside the bed and read a page that stood out to me the most.

It was the day she was separated from her mother. My heart clenched at the thought of her undergoing such torture. I slammed the book closed and stormed off to my home, I kept the book tightly gripped in my hand as my head swirled with so many things, my heart racing and pounding in my chest, my anger spiking.

I entered my home and saw my parents and siblings packing their belongings. They looked at me as they heard my heavy steps, "she was separated from her mother. She was abused. She was tested on for months! She was held hostage against her own will because the sky people wanted to make more of her. Evil avatars dad! They drained her of life! The moment I found her in the forest she told me to shoot her with my arrow! And you didn't believe her!" I shouted at my father as he stopped and stared at me for stepping out of place.

My mother looked at me with a questionable look, "she has a journal. I know she's different. I know she is of the Herwi clan. Royal fucking blood to all of those around, blessed by Eywa herself. When me and Mali'ki went to practice archery, the seeds of the sacred tree chose her! Like they chose you" I snapped, my blood fully boiled and my anger radiating off of my body. My brother placed his hand on my shoulder and I shoved him off.

My mother stepped close to me, "my son please.. calm down" she tried soothing me but I couldn't hear her. It was muffled all around me, all I could focus on was my father. He stood there shocked, "Neteyam you need to calm down" he finally spoke and I just smirked.

"Quaritch touched her because he was looking for you. For us" I simply said and my fathers ears flattened immediately, "what?" He mumbled and I shoved her journal into his chest, the page marked down as my father looked confused. "Open it and read it. I know I invaded her privacy but finding this journal- it was my sign that I need to find her. I need to be with her" I spoke as my father opened the journal and began reading, my mother reading over his shoulder.

Their faces fell. The atmosphere around us was suffocating. "Neteyam- go pack your things. We started packing because we are leaving, grandmother knows where her clan is.. and we were going to seek sanctuary there, the ceremony for us leaving is today.." Kiri said as she walked up to me and held onto my arm, I sighed and left my parents to ponder on what they just read and packed all my belongings.