18

No One's POV

The days were a blur for Mali'ki and Neteyam. They had grown closer. The clan was growing as the harsh winter weather started to slow down, Jake and his family had started learning more in depth of the clans traditions and history.

Neteyam and Mali'ki had celebrated their birthday together. Neteyam was twenty years old and Mali'ki was nineteen, even though Kian was not supportive of his daughter being friends with Neteyam he had to accept it. Now Heirani adored their blooming friendship but she knew what was best for her daughter.

But Heirani had a plan to make the official mating ritual soon.

Heirani and Kian had prepared a ceremony and celebration for the Sully family to be officially accepted into the clan. To be reborn again but as a Herwi clan member. The clan had been very welcoming to the Sully family, except for some minor issues here and there with Neteyam and Malachi.

Neteyam had given Mali'ki her journal back and had mentioned that she left it behind. The girl thanked the Omaticaya boy and returned back to her chores.

The reborn ceremony was going to happen at night. So the clan was preparing.

Mali'ki had been busy with helping the family prepare for that night, she was helping with putting together their outfits that needed to be worn, the color schemes, which were white and hues of blue.

Mali'ki was super busy! She had helped with Neytiri, Kiri, and Tuks hair, she had their hair unbraided with a crest that pinned their hair back that held an emblem of the clans symbol along with the accessories.

Kiri wanted to add a braid or two to her hair which was ok but she had woven the frozen flake like beads into her braids. Mali'ki looked over their hair and smiled very big when she had finished.

The males were separated. But when they are reborn the family will be brought together to be embraced by the clan. By the spirit of Eywa.

Malachi had to help Jake and his two sons to get ready for the ceremony. Neteyam had to keep his composure the entire time Malachi was even near him, his father and brother knew what happened and were aware of the tension between the two males. They saw the tense situation between him and Mali'ki as well.

It was very noticeable to those that were close to them.

Time Skip : Night

The clan was gathered around at the base of the home tree, Mali'ki sat there in front of Neytiri and painted white patterns along her skin that was exposed. Neytiri had felt so much emotion. Mali'ki smiled at the woman in front of her as she finished up the crest symbol on her forehead, "you look beautiful. Strong warrior" Mali'ki whispered, feeling so happy for the mate of Jake Sully.

Neytiri gave her a thankful smile and stood up to let Tuk go next and then Kiri. Mali'ki painted Tuks skin with a baby blue paint mixture and was very prestigious about her work. After finishing up with the symbol on her forehead as well, Mali'ki wiped away the paint from her hand and placed it above the preteens heart. "Mighty dancer" she whispered and Tuk smiled brightly, it was now Kiri's turn.

Mali'ki smiled at her dear friend and began painting her skin as well. The paint was white, blue and baby blue. She painted the crest on her forehead and above her heart, she then smiled, "you are Eywas spirit. Strong. Future healer.. your birth mother, Grace is so proud of you" she whispered and Kiri gave her a smile with tears threatening to spill at the mention of Grace.

Malachi then entered the area and nodded his head. Neytiri, Tuk, and Kiri were led away so that Mali'ki could paint the males. Heirani had told Mali'ki of what they were being reborn into. So it was easy, first to be painted was Jake.