25

No One's POV

"When death takes my hand, I will hold you with the other and promise to find you in every lifetime" - unknown (book: The Sun and Her Flowers"

It happened so fast. Mali'ki was fighting off Quaritch when all of a sudden Lyle swiftly moved behind her from afar and pierced her skin with a bullet that went clean through.

Mali'ki felt the bullet pierce through her, Quaritch smirked, "you were never strong enough to beat me" he stated and immediately raised his leg up and kicked her in her chest. Causing her to skid across the forest floor, her back collided into a tree and she gasped violently in pain.

Jake began fighting Quaritch, Neytiri and Lo'ak ran over to the girl and immediately lifted her up and carried her away from the battlefield. Lo'ak put his hands on the gunshot wound and pressed down hard to stop the bleeding.

"Stay awake Mali, your gonna be okay" he cooed and the girl was breathing heavily, "don't let me die" she coughed out as her blood was draining fast, the shot affecting her quickly.

Neteyam helped his father with killing off the others and also helped him fight Quaritch. But they were pushed back when they heard Neytiri's voice in the comm device begging for them to come because Mali'ki was dying. Quaritch retreated back into hiding and Jake and Neteyam immediately took off to find Mali'ki.

After searching for a few minutes, they finally found them. Neytiri was praying to Eywa to keep the young girl alive. Jake immediately searched her body and saw the gunshot wound had pierced through her chest.

"Damnit!!" He shouted and moved Lo'ak out of the way and added pressure to the wound. Neteyam sat next to his father and he was so terrified. He didn't know what to do.

Mali'ki grabbed ahold of his hand, "I- I forgive you... I forgive you.." she whispered as a harsh cough racked her body, blood seeping out of the corner of her mouth.

Neteyam screamed at his mate, "we were supposed to grow old together, baby." His tears were rolling off of his cheeks now and he probably looked a mess. But that didn't matter, he needed her in his life. They were supposed to be together until the end of time. Her skin was getting colder and colder.

"I love you, please don't leave me alone," Neteyam cradled her in his arms. "I'm sorry... please... You're ok. Breathe. Just breathe. Open your eyes. Come back. It's ok. It's over now. You're ok. Wake up. Please wake up. Don't do this to me. Don't do this to me. Don't do this to me. I love you so much..." he cried as he could hear her shallow breathing.

"Don't. Please don't." His voice broke a little at the last word "Hey, stop that, you are going to be okay, you are going to be just fine" He smiled, but it was shaky, and Mali'kis heart broke. She could literally hear it crack within her own chest. Mali'ki reached out and touched the side of his face gently. He leaned into it and for the first time since ever his tough, icy facade completely fell away, leaving only desperation and panic instead.

"Don't you dare give up on me? Do you hear me? This is not over!" He grabbed her hands with an urgency that took her by surprise. "Please don't give up on me." His voice was only a whisper by the end. The edges of Mali'kis vision turned black and she felt like her hand was made of nothing. It fell on the ground and she closed her eyes. Mali'ki was so tired.

"I love you, do you hear me? Fight dammit! I know I should have said it earlier but this is not the way to make me say it! Dammit wake up! I love you with my beating heart" He shouted, but before Mali'ki was consumed by the darkness, a sad smile appeared on her lips.

"I-I love you too... Ma Neteyam.. don't forget me- I love you wi-with my frozen heart" she whispered and took her final breath. And then there was nothing at all. Neteyam felt so numb. His ears flattened against his head, "Mali'ki!" Neteyam called. "Mali'ki!" Tears forming in his eyes, he felt a great pain in his chest. "Please-" he begged. "Please great Mother!" Neteyam yelled out.