23

No One's POV

Mali'ki had avoided Neteyam for a couple of days now. She was suffering. The animals were dying and the sky people were getting closer. Heirani had kept her daughter away from the clan until everything calmed down.

But Mali'ki refused. She overheard the conversation between her father and Malachi about sending out war parties to fight off the sky people. She trudged herself and stood there with weakness coursing throughout her body, "I will fight. This is my clan. My people" she declared and Kian knew there was no way of changing his daughters mind.

Her parents thought the child growing in her womb would change her mind but it didn't. So throughout the entire day, Mali'ki rested and prepared herself for the war.

She figured out which war party she will be apart of and had began practicing immediately. Mali'ki was going to protect her home until her very last breath.

Mali'ki had sewed new clothing for herself and had started flying on Khaos to prepare for the war. Some dragon riders will be in the sky taking down aircraft's while others would be on the ground.

The Sully family had began practicing and preparing as well. Tuk had to stay with the clan no matter what happened, so did Kiri. But the ones that were of warrior status, they were needed in this war.

For a couple of days, it was endless practice, preparations, tracking, and patrolling to get a perfect insight of the sky people's base and what their plan was.

Mali'ki had been going to the tree of voices and praying to Eywa. She was in need of help and answers. She wanted to forgive Neteyam but the pain of being betrayed was overwhelming her feelings of love for her mate.

The days grew long, the nights filled with her crying, her angry screams, her anger was unimaginable and her parents had tried everything to help their daughter but it seemed like Mali'ki was driven by getting revenge on the sky people.

Revenge for the animals. The forest. The lost lives of the Na'vi people. The fallen home tree of the Omaticaya clan. But mostly revenge for what she had to endure during those months of her kidnapping. The harmful hands of her captors and those who tested on her, who ignored her cries for help, her begging, every night was horrific as nightmares of her past would haunt her.

Mali'ki was determined to get the revenge she deserved. And no one was going to stop her, even if she had to kill them herself, no one was going to stop her from putting an end to the sky people for good.

But as the night raged on, a loud cry rang throughout the entire forest. The clan awoke from the cry and many started panicking. Mali'ki was curled into a ball in her bed, screaming and crying in agonizing pain. Her parents were so confused as to what was happening. Heirani began performing some healing rituals but they ceased to help rid of the pain that racked through her body.

After trying for a couple of minutes, Mali'kis harsh cries calmed down to a whimper and sniffle. "What is wrong my child?" Heirani spoke as she tried comforting her daughter, "what is it Mali" Kian spoke and he could see Mali'ki struggling to even form words.

"I can't feel him..." she whispered and that's when it clicked in Heirani and Kian's mind.

Mali'kis spirit brother, Khaos the dragon was murdered.

-Next Morning-

A group had went out to find Khaos. Mali'ki was within the group and as they approached closer, Mali'ki could feel the lump in her throat and her heart breaking. Shattering.

Once they approached the dead body of Khaos, Mali'ki dismounted the direhorse and ran over to her spirit brothers body. She fell to her knees and cried loudly. "What is this!!! My spirit brother killed in cold blood! Shown no mercy!!" She shouted angrily as her hot tears streamed down her face.

Her parents along with Jake and Neytiri watched with solemn faces. Except Kian held a very angry face, watching his daughter cry in pain of losing her spirit brother.

"We must fight. No dragon or creature or Na'vi will be killed in cold blood" Mali'ki sneered as she rested her forehead against Khaos's. "My spirit brother.. may you be at peace with Eywa" she whispered.

༺ A/N ༻

A/N

Omggggg- shorter chapters... sadly that means this story is coming to an end....

PSA: the war chapter/scene will not be so detailed for I am not that good at writing something like that so bare with me okay?

See you in the next chapter <3

Word Count: 809

[short chapter]

Please Read All Author Notes. THANK YOU! <3

Please remember: No Ghostreading. Please vote, comment, and share <3