Chapter 15

Another Month later

HongJoong POV

It been a month since Y/n father came to try and kill Y/n while I was out doing royal duties. I was glad that Y/n still had on the necklace I gave her when I first tired to sent her home. It send me a signal that Y/n was in danger and I would be able to arrive there in time. Killing Y/n father wasn't on my mind but after refusing my offer and attacking me led him to his death. Today Y/n, Drake, Mary and I were back at their grandparents place helping out with the farm since I was keeping my promise to them.
When we first arrive, Y/n and I had to talk to the grandparents alone to break the news to them. "I'm sorry for your lost, Your son didn't leave me any other choice" I said to them after explaining the events that led up to their son death. I apologize to them and said that I can arrange this son funeral if they wanted me to, But Y/n grandfather shock his head an placed a hand on my shoulder. "No need to your highness, what you did was protecting Y/n and their sibling from a crazy man" Y/n Grandfather said even tho I know that he was feeling sadness for the lost of his son.

"Again I'm sorry" I said as I felt guilty to take someone life away cause they went crazy. After breaking the news to them. Y/n and I gave them space to collect themselves, so I brought Y/n out to the field so we can clear our mind as well. "It's alright Hun, they'll come around just give them time" Y/n said as they turn to me and embrace me in their arms gently as I did the same but held them closer to my chest.
"I wish I could have done something to have better then what led to this" I muttered softly while gently stroking Y/n hair. "Hongjoong, what's done is done. My father forced your hands so you did what you had to" Y/n said pulling away from me a bit to look into my eyes.

Y/n POV

"If it wasn't for you love, I would end up either bleeding to death or died if you didn't show up on time. So I thank you for saving my life and protecting my younger siblings" I gently cup his cheek into my hand as Hongjoong closed his eyes and relaxed. Gently caressing his cheek, I gently press my head against his as he open his eyes and looked at me. "I love you Hongjoong, and nothing will change that" I smiled softly as he gently place his hand over mine.
"What did I do to deserve you" Hongjoong said letting out a small smile of his own before he leaned in an lightly press his lips against mine. The kiss was soft and sweet, we both only took it so far since we didn't want to rush after everything that was happening. After a few moments pass, we slowly parted ways to smile softly at each other. "Let's head back so we can help with the farm" Hongjoong said and I nodded my head as we head back to the house holding hands.

3 hours later

"Alright that should be it for the day, let's go make some dinner" Grandmother said as we all cheer while exhausted except for Hongjoong. When we got into the house an seat down for the break with both of my grandparents started to make dinner. I leaned against Hongjoong and layer my head on his shoulder while he gently rub my hand with his thumb. "You did great Hun, I can see why farming can be quite the challenge" Hongjoong said causing me to chuckled softly and nodded my head. "When you live here for majority of your life or just for a few years, you'll get use to it pretty easily" I said placing a kiss on his check which cause him to turn a little red which as will cute to see.
After about 15 to 20 minutes passed, my grandparents came into the room with some bowls of beef stew. "It's not much but I hope you don't mind the beef stew" My grandmother said as she handed a bowl to Hongjoong while he took it and bow while thanking her. "This is more then enough ma'am, I thank you for being generous of allowing me to dine with you and your family" Hongjoong mentioned before I got my bowl and smiled as we all started to eat. "No need to be so formal your highness, think of it as your part of the family now" My grandfather said causing Hongjoong to almost choke on the food in surprised. I chuckled softly to his reaction since after he asked for their blessing to allow our relationship to stay, it was more then enough to see that Hongjoong was happy to hear things like it.

Once we finished our food and got helped out a little more. Hongjoong, Drake, Mary and I said our goodbyes as we head back to Hongjoong castle. As it was night time, I had Drake and Mary bathed and dress for bed as I tucked them in while they chuckled softly from the tickles. "Y/n, do you think we can visit mommy grave one of these days. I think she would like Joongie" Mary ask while she let out a yawn and her eyes started to close. "Sure Mary, we'll go visit her when Hongjoong isn't busy okay" I said giving both her and Drake a kiss on the forehead as they nodded their heads before drifting to sleep. Once they were full asleep, I turned on their music box mother gave us before her passing as it was to help drive away any nightmares they get since the melody she her playing the piano we all loved.
As I gently left the room and closed the door. I went to head for Hongjoong room where he told me that we would be at. As I gently knocked on his down, I heard his voice telling me to come in as I did. When I enter the room, I saw that he wasn't in the room but the bathroom door was open. I walked over to where I except him to be at and saw he was in the tub relaxing with light candles around him.

"Enjoying the bath dear" I said with a softly chuckled as I walked over to him an placed a soft kiss on his temple. "Mhm, it's nice but it'll be more relaxing if you joined me" Hongjoong said taking my hand in his an placing a soft kiss on it. I turned a bit red with shyness since this would been the first time I ever joined Hongjoong in a bath. I smiled and nodded before getting up and removing my robe I was wearing over my night gown, when I removed all the clothes I worn. Hongjoong gently guilded my into the bathtub and made some space as he had me relax against his chest.
"This is nice" I said closing my eyes as the muscle started to relax from the wamr water. Hongjoong letting of a soft small smiled leaned in and lightly kissed my shoulder to my neck causing me to chuckle lightly.

This is something I could get use to if it's with Hongjoong