here comes the cowboy

"Oi do you need any help??" A loud voice called out to you. You looked in the direction of the voice surprised to see a tall man with very bright hair. It was blonde and red... It looked like flames and very soft.

"Ah no I'm fine thank you for the offer though!" You called back.

"Are you sure? A young lady such as yourself should not be cutting wood in this weather and late at night!"

You giggled a little people were always worrying about you.

He started to approach you and silently held his hands out. You didn't know how to react. You handed him the axe and stepped back. Okay maybe that wasn't a smart idea because now he has a weapon and you dont-

He set and chuck of wood on the block and began chopping. You watched in amazement as he cut all your wood in only a few minutes. He was fast and must be so strong too!!

"There all done!" He smiled even brighter and set the axe down against the chopping block.

"A-ah thank you so much!! Do you want to come inside for a moment I could make you some tea if you'd like!?" You were amazed.

"Tea would be very nice, thank you!" You watched as he picked up quite a bit of the wood and waited for you to start moving before following.

You lead him into your house and told him to set the wood down by the fire place he did so and the say down at the table.

You quickly heated some water over your newly made fire. You set the tea leaves in the tea put and set out cups for the both of you.

"Ah I apologize for not introducing myself sooner im (l/n) (y/n)."

"What a lovely name, I am Rengoku Kyojuro!" The man seemed loud but was well mannered.

You smiled and took the kettle off the fire. You pour his cup first the your own.

"So Rengoku-san what are you doing out so late?"

"I'm traveling!"

"Where to?"

"Just a couple towns over!"

"Oh I see do you need a place to stay for the night? Its quite cold out." You eyed the man.

"Hmm.. I suppose I could stay, if it isn't too much trouble for you." Huh..? That same uniform..

"Don't worry its no trouble at all! Think of it as me saying thank you for chopping my wood." You smiled at the bright man. "Oh.. uhm can I ask you something?"

"Go right ahead!" He beamed.

"Okay, do you know people named Shinazugawa Sanemi, and a Shinobu?" You frowned realizing Shinobu never gave you her last name.

"Oh yes! My coworkers and friends! Very nice people, I assume you've met them as well?"
He seemed to smile even more at the mention of his friends. Wow what a sweetheart, you thought to yourself.

"Yes I have met them. I spot you guys by the uniforms you guys are wearing. Er that sounds odd.. I'm sorry. Anyways I've never really seen you people around here before, are you guys meeting up or something?"

"Actually we come through here a lot! The village is very close to many of the places we need to go!" Kyojuro explained.

"Ohhh okay! I've just never seen you guys or just never noticed." You rubbed your neck feeling slightly embarrassed. "Oh I should probably set up your futon! You should get some rest, you said you were traveling right? You'll need a lot of energy!"

"Hai!"

You made your way to your bedroom and grabbed your spare futon from your closet as well as a blanket and pillow. You made your way over to one of the many rooms in the house and rolled it out. You set the pillow down and placed the blanket on the futon.

"Alright Rengoku-san its all ready!  Thanks so much for helping me with the wood." You say as you tidy up around the house before retreating to your bedroom.

"It was no problem at all (l/n)-san! I'm happy to help In anyway I can!" He smiled at you and stood up to go to the room.

You grinned and put another log on the fire.

"Thats very sweet of you, oh and if it gets to cold don't be afraid to move out here its a lot closer to the fire, I also have spare blankets in my closet. If you need one just grab it don't worry about waking me up to get one, okay?"

"Hai, (L/n)-san!"

"Okay goodnight Rengoku-san!"

"Goodnight!" And with that you left into your room to get some sleep, interacting with so many people drained you today.

You slipped under the blankets and stared at the ceiling. You felt very safe right now, Rengoku-san is very strong if anything were to happen you would be fine. Right?

---------

Morning came soon and you bagan making breakfast. You almost forgot Rengoku-san was here he's so quiet when he sleeps!

You set out the food on your table and poured tea for the two of you, and went to wake Rengoku-san up. You kneeled down and shook his shoulder lightly.

"Rengoku-san wake up, I made you breakfast!" You smiled gently at the man.

His eyes fluttered open and he stared at you for a bit before giving you a bright smile. You stood back up and headed back to the table Kyojuro following in tow.

"Thank you for the meal!"

"Thank you for the meal!" Both you and Kyojuro exclaimed.

You started at eachother for a moment before letting out small laughs.

"So (l/n)-san why do you live so far away from the rest of the town? If you don't mind me asking." You looked up at him and thought for a moment.

"You can just call me (y/n), also I guess I just didn't like being surrounded by so many people all the time."

"I see! Then you can call me Kyojuro! Not much of a people person are you? You seem so nice and caring though most people would've never guessed!" You blushed and scratched your cheek.

"Aw you think so?" You cooed.

"Hai! I do!"

You smiled and giggled, Kyojuro smiled and laughed in return. The whole room seemed to brighten.

Kyojuro would love to wake up to this every morning. Have you wake him up with your blinding smile and kind (e/c) eyes. Your cooking was also very good!