let my baby stay

You read a letter that a crow dropped off for you, Shinobu wanted you to come back to the butterfly mansion. She said she would send a kakushi to take care of everything at your home. You would've gone in a heart beat but... Yumi, you didn't know if you would be able to take her with you. You refused to leave her here with a bunch of demon slayers and people she didn't know.

You were told by Sumi that Shinobu didn't like dogs, or any furry animals the first time you stayed at the mansion.

You didn't hold it against her, you were just confused. How could she not like them? They were so sweet and cute. Surly even if she didn't like Yumi she wouldn't be mean to her right? You hoped not.

So you wrote a letter back asking how she was doing and if you could bring Yumi with you.

---------

Shinobu stared at the letter. A dog? She thought disappointed. Really? She didn't like dogs... And when did you even get a dog? Weren't you busy enough? With all the slayers coming in injured, hungry and tired.

As much as she didn't want a dog roaming the place she craved to see you again. She missed your face and hugs. Even if she wasn't one for physical contact it was okay if it was you. So by that logic it was okay if you brought a dog...

But if it peed on her floors it would be staying outside the whole time no matter how cold it was outside. But you would probably let it back in... Or the girls would, especially Naho, Sumi, and Kiyo. They liked little animals with fur.

She just hoped you wouldn't pay to much attention to the dog and spare her some. Then her and the dog would have no problems.

//there was an unspoken rivalry between Shinobu and Yumi.//

---------

Two kakushi had been sent one to collect you and and your things and one to take over the house for the time you were gone. You were really thankful Shinobu had sent another one... You didn't remember they way to the butterfly mansion.

"So what's your name?" You asked, watching Yumi run a little ahead.

"Why do you wanna know?" He seemed skeptical.

"Just trying to make conversation is all..." You didn't want to look like a snob by not talking to him.

"I'm Goto..."

"Oh its very nice to meet you Goto-san, im (y/n)!" You said happily.

"(Y/n) huh... Your name has become very popular around the butterfly mansion and some of the Hashiras, well actually most of them." Yumi returned to your side.

"Is that so? Well I hope no one has said anything bad about me." You sweat dropped.

"No, nothing bad from what I've heard... I've only actually heard good things." He realized.

"Ah well thats good!" He hummed and nodded. Things were starting to get flimilar now, you were getting close!

"How did you even meet so many? Most demon slayers don't even see two. So how'd you meet like five of them!?" Yumi pawed at your leg and you picked her up.

"Well most times I don't even realize that there hashira, and I usually meet them around my place or in town! That's how I met... Well uhm a lot of them I'd say at least five of them."

"Your like a hashira magnet... I don't know how you keep your composure around them.." He sighed as if remembering something.

"Well I suppose it's easy if you just treat them like any other person." You said and smiled and pat Yumis head.

"I could never do that..." He said as his face paled. Or what you could see of it paled.

"Well then you'll never truly feel comfortable around them." You hummed.

You continued to looked ahead until you could see Shinobu's place, the butterfly mansion.  "Ah we're here!" Yumi barked seemingly being just as excited as you were. This place was so pretty, not only that being as it was warming up almost all the snow was gone. So you could see the grass and some of the dead flowers. Your sure within a week or two all the snow would be gone.

"Welp, I'll walk you inside but after that we part ways. I'll most likely see you around the mansion though I'm mainly stationed here." He said.

"Okay thanks you so much Goto-san!" You smiled brightly at him. You placed Yumi down and she walked just a bit ahead of you, down the path to the sliding door.

Goto slid the door open for you and you picked Yumi up again.

"Hello?" Goto called out.

"Ah welcome back Goto!" Kiyo said.

"Ah y/n-chans back!" Naho exclaimed.

"Y/n-chans back!!" Sumi yelled out and dashed off to get someone, most likely Shinobu or Aoi.

"Hello girls!" You smiled.

"Well you seem well liked... I'll be off now, see you around y/n-san." Goto said put your stuff down  and then walked off. He seemed nice for the most part.

You turned your attention back to the girls who were just rambling about how much they missed you and how cute Yumi was, it was cute. You looked over them and saw the other girl. You never got her name... Because she ran off the time you tried talking to her. And avoided you in hallways when ever she saw you. Did she not like you? Was that it? You hoped not she looked so kind.

"Hello?" You said to her. She started at you with a red face and flipped a coin. You didn't see what it landed on but she seemed happy with the result.

She walked up to you.

"Hello, my name is Tsuyuri Kanao." She smiled. Though it felt a little empty.

"Thats a lovely name, my name is (l/n) (y/n)!" Her name was just as pretty as she was. "Are you also a nurse here?" You asked.

She flipped her coin again smiling a little wider at the result. Heads.

"No I'm Shinobu-chans tsuguko. But I help out occasionally."

Tsuguko? What was that?

"Whats a tsuguko?" You asked yet another question.

And she flipped her coin again. Tails, she frowned slightly. And then flipped again.

"Goodbye for now I hope to talk to you soon." She smiled sadly and began walking away.

"Oh! Goodbye!"

You waved her off as she walked off somewhere in the mansion. You sweat dropped a bit. She didn't even answer the question...

You'll ask again another time.