heart to heart

You heard a small tapping on the window, you looked over and saw Muichiro. He gave a small wave.

You set Yumi down on the bed, and then opened the window for him.

"Are you ready?" He asked. Your quite surprised me remembered to even come.

"Yes I am." You picked Yumi up. "Could you help me get this stuff out? I'll just pass it to you and then you could put it on the ground." The window wasn't that high off the ground but it was high enough that you would probably break something if you threw your stuff out of it. He nodded and lifted up his arms to grab something. You shifted Yumi a bit and handed her to Muichiro.

He gently grabbed her and set her down on the ground, you then picked up a suitcase and just as you were sliding it down to Muichiro your heard your door open. You dropped the suitcase. Your whole face pale and you felt your stomach drop.

You slowly turned your head around to see who was there. It was Kanao... You felt only slightly better. What was she doing here? She's her sister right..? Would she snitch of you..?

"K-kanao..? What are you doing, its so late at night.?" She flipped her coin before giving an answer.

"I thought I heard something. I came to check on you. Are you leaving..?" She asked and tilts her head.

"Hey whats going on..?" Muichiro whisper shouts. She flips her coin was again.

"So you are leaving. Is that Tokito-kun?" She says and walks over to the window to see.

They both stare at eachother for a moment, before he speaks up.

"Oh we got caught.." Yumi barked at Kanao.

She sighs and gives a small frown, she turns back to you and grabbed your hand. This time she hadn't flipped her coin before talking.

"Stay safe... I won't tell anyone you left." Was all she said before letting go of you and making her way towards the door.

"I'm sorry Kanao, thank you..." She turn her head to look at you and she gave a sad smile. She slide the door open and closed it as she walked out.

You let out a sigh and picked up the next suitcase. You handed it to him and he set it down on the ground next to the other on. He held his arms out.

"Jump."

"What..?" You asked confused.

"Jump down, I don't want you to hurt you ankles if you land on the wrong." He replied bluntly.

"Okay.." You gripped the frame of the window and lifted one of your legs onto the sill. You pulled yourself up and lifted your other leg unfortunately not high enough. Your foot hit the sill and you lost your balance.

"Ah!" You let out a yelp as you fall into Muichiro's arm.

"Your rather clumsy today..." He said and put you down, making sure you were okay before completely letting go of you.

"I guess so.." You sweat dropped.

------------

You were certain this was the way home... But you couldn't help but feel like you were lost.

You had already passed some of the things you used as land marks.

"Muichiro..?" You asked as you hugged yourself.

"What is it?" He said and looked over to you. His hand was on the handle of his katana, just in case.

"I think we may be lost." You said quietly, you were embarrassed about it. You felt bad for dragging him out here then proceeding to get the both of you, plus Yumi lost.

"Hm.. Its dark out."

"What..?" You asked confusedly. He didn't reply and went slightly ahead of you. You frown slightly.

Yumi stayed close to your feet though. It was kinda nice out it wasn't to cold, and the stars and moon looked pretty. You let out a small sigh and sped up a little to match Muichiro's pace.

"Wait, I think we have to turn here-"

"Get down!" Muichiro said as he unstheathed his katana. You quickly ducked down behind him and held Yumi close.

You heard footsteps, twigs breaking and growling sounds. You peaked from behind Muichiro, to see a person. No it wasn't a person at all. His nails were sharp and long, he didn't have eyes either. Tall and looked like he had muscles, his skin was grey.

Then this was a demon wasn't it..?

You knew they would be scary but you didn't think they would scare you so much.

Muichiro got into a fighting stance quickly, he seemed so small in front of the demon. You felt incredibly guilty for making someone smaller and younger than you, protect you.

"What are you waiting for come at me." He taunted. Your eyes widen and you stare up at him.

As soon as he was done speaking the demon lunged at him. His claws seemed to grow bigger.

Muichiro grabbed the back of your kimono and basically just tossed you to the side. You watched as he cut of the demons arm and knock him back. You gripped Yumi tightly and moved into a crouched position as you watched the two clash.

At this point Muichiro's hits were just becoming sadistic. He seemed to be toying with the demon.

The demon was being beaten, Muichiro was to fast for this thing to even keep up.

Eventually after many ruthless hits from Muichiro, he decided he was done playing. And quickly cut the demons head off.

You watched it fall onto the ground, and even though it didn't have eyes it seemed to be staring right at you. You felt so scared you could hardly move. Yumi seemed to be shaking too. The head and the rest of its body was slowly turning into ash, and disappearing. You stared at the spot for awhile before Muichiro held his hand out to you.

You looked up at him and took it.