goodbye weekend

Sanemi found a dog... Honestly he loved dogs, but he already had a pet at home. Not that it took much to take care of but he was also very busy most of the time and wouldn't be able to take care of a dog, and have a bond with it. He knew you were also busy but... He felt like you could use a dog.

And he definitely didn't just find and take it because he felt bad that he hadn't even tried to talk to you for the past few months. Honestly it was easy to get the dog to fallow him to your home. The dog was a little black and white chin dog it was a girl and she seemed sweet. The only reason Sanemi had not named it was because he wanted you to.

//He liked naming random dogs on the road that he finds even if he won't see them again//

//He was also using the dog as a distraction, so if you found out about him beating that slayer you wouldn't be too mad at him. Even though you would probably thank him.//

Knocking. You heard knocking. Are you kidding me right now? No crows had told you you would be taking in a slayer. Then who was it? One of the towns folk?

You hurriedly stood up and bagan walking to the door.

"I'm coming, just a second!" You called out to them and they stopped knocking.

You made it to the door and slid it open.

"Ah! Sanemi! Hello welcome!" You stepped back so he would be able to step in. You looked closely at him... Was that a dog in his arms?? "I-Is that a dog..?"

"(Y/n)... Do you like dogs?" He prayed you did otherwise he would have to give the sweet thing to someone else. He had a soft spot for animals.

"Yeah I do!! Can I pet it???" You excitedly asked.

He let out a sigh of relief before setting the dog down and sliding your door closed.

"Go ahead." He smiled. Gods you were so cute, the dog seemed to like you lots too. The dog let out exited barks while you pet her and you let out little giggles.

Honestly Sanemi was always angry even when he had no damn reason to be, but when he saw you he felt like all his anger and stress just left his body.

"What their name??" You looked up at Sanemi and asked.

He blushed a little.

"She doesn't have one yet... I got her for you.." He says and looks away. He was a little embarrassed, he hardly ever was this nice to someone.

"Huh!? Really?? Oh you shouldn't have! Are you sure thats okay?? Like really?" You started rambling.

"Yes... Just shut up and give her a name." He blushed furiously and rubbed his neck.

You let out small giggles and nodded your head.

"Hmm how about... Kingyo!?" You looked up at Sanemi to see if he agreed with the name. He just gave you a weird look.

"That means goldfish you idiot..." He says and sits down beside you to also pet the dog.

"I know... It just sounds cute." You say and smile. He was just gonna let you pick the name but obviously you were shit at naming things...

"How 'bout Yumi?" The dog gave a small bark and wagged her tail.

"I think she likes it! She is a beautiful dog it suits her! Yumi it is! Who's a good girl?? You are!" You agreed and excitedly pet Yumi.

//The reason he suggested that name was because he was indirectly calling you beautiful.//

"Thank you so much Sanemi!!" You exclaimed and hugged his side. And he blushed in response and put his arm around you.

"Yeah no problem..." He said and looked away from you.

"Did you want to stay for dinner?" You asked as you stood up.

"Yeah I would like that." He gave a small smile. You nodded and headed into the kitchen. He fallowed after you.

--------

You and Sanemi both made dinner, and a mess... You ended up throwing bits of food at eachother. Which Yumi ate, you also set aside a small portion for Yumi.

She was quite well behaved and super cute, you didn't really think you would need to train her that much.

Anyways back to dinner with Sanemi.

--------

"Come on Yumi eat up!" You set a bowl of food down on the floor for Yumi, which she happily ate.

You returned to the table and sat down next to Sanemi. You looked over at him and giggled a bit. He still had a little food on his face from earlier.

"Whats wrong?" He asked.

"You've got a little something," You knocked it off his face. "right there." 

He blushed and looked away, he was quite shy for someone who was so... Well... You didn't know what to say really but you've heard things from Shinobu, Kanroji, and Tengan. You've also seen how he interacts with others, he was kinda of a hot head? He was a good man but he just didn't really know how to be nice. Even with you he was a bit harsh but you never held it against him. He liked gift giving, it was his from of apologies, even if he would never admit it.

"Sanemi.."

"Hm what is it?"

"How did you get so many scars? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I'm just curious."

He looked over to the girl. Was he really going to tell you? Quite a bit of them were self inflicted but would he tell you that? His blood came in handy when luring demons in but was he about to tell you that. And those ones... Was he going to? Although he trusted you very much he didn't want to tell you about any of them... Would him having so many scars make him seem weak to you?

You stared at him. He was over thinking about this for sure. You placed your hand on his cheek.

"Sanemi... You don't have to push yourself. I think they look nice on you, I wouldn't think any less of you because you have them."