portland 2

You decide to take Yumi on a walk, it was nice out and all of the snow had melted. You figured she should get a little exercise and let out some energy before we headed back in. The sun was just setting and everything looked so beautiful.

Thats when you heard very heavy foot steps, you were a little scared at first but the sun was up still. Your safe from demons. You looked around and Gyomei-sama walking around the path up ahead.

"Gyomei-sama! Its so nice to see you again. How have you been?" You called out to him and continued walking forwards.

He looked in your direction and smiled a little.

"(L/n)-san? Ah. I've been well, Tomioka has told me about what happened at your wisteria house. I know it was awhile ago, but how are you fairing?" He teared up and started crying at the thought of you being submerged in cold ice water. It must have been terrifying for you.

"Oh, he did?" You scratched your cheek a little embarrassed. "Well I'm fine now but it was pretty scary im very thankful he was there."

Yumi had found a stick, and was very happy about it.

"Yes I understand that, im glad to see your okay." He sobbed out.

He couldn't see you at all but he knew you were beautiful, in both senses. Inside and out. You were like a the cold wind on a hot day. Even if it sounded odd your whole aura seemed fresh, clean and pure. He absolutely loved it, but was a little scared to talk to you, he did not see himself as pure and was scared to taint you.

"(L/n)-san would you like to have dinner with me sometime..?" He sobbed in fear of rejection.

You looked over to the large man and whipped his tears.

"I would love to have dinner with you, anytime this week. Because I do have to return home." You said and picked up Yumi and she barked at you. "Oh and only if Yumi can come too!" You joked.

You wipped his tears... Not many people do that ever. Maybe once before, but being as he was a man no one cared to. He smiled to himself.

"Of course." He said and patted the small dog. She barked happily.

"So what are you doing out here anyways?" You asked.

"Enjoying nature, even if I can't see anything its still very refreshing." He said as he began walking, motioning for you to follow. And you did.

"Nature is very beautiful..." You said kinda sadly, you wondered if he could see before hand. I suppose it would be to bad if you were born blind but... If it happened and you could see before you think the whole world would be frustrating. Much like how it would be frustrating to never remember anything.

Himejima sensed your sadness and pity, and teared up.

"Is something the matter (l/n)-san?"

You looked up at him and smiled softly.

"No everything's alright, and you can just call me (y/n), I don't mind."

Quick to trust everyone. That was your only flaw.

"Hai..."

----------

He walked you back to the butterfly mansion, and said his goodbyes.

It was quite dark when you arrived. You felt as if you completely forgot about demons when in his presence. He was intimidating, but once you had a couple conversations with him he was just... You didn't know a word to describe him. Amazing? Or calming even. How about reassuring.

Something like that.

"(Y/n)!! Where have you been you got Shinobu so worked up about you being gone!" As soon as you walked into the place Aoi was yelling at you.

"I-Im sorry-" She cut you off.

"You better be sorry, Shinobu looked all over the estate and is in a horrible mood! No one ever gets her in a bad mood!"

You felt like you were gonna cry, you had been yelled at before yes, but being yelled at by Aoi was just different. She yelled at everyone but never raised her voice at you like this.

Yumi had enough of Aoi picking on you and was going to bite her when you motioned for her to stop.

"I am sorry I was walking Y-Yumi, and I ran into Himejima-san on the way. I didn't m-mean to worry any of you.." At this point tears were streaming down your face. You really didn't mean to.

"Ah..." Aoi saw you were crying and stopped being mad at you instantly. She made one of her friends cry... Now she felt horrible. "(Y/n)..." She immediately wrapped her arms around you and started spewing apologies. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelled at you... I was worried and Shinobu wasn't acting like she normally does, I was freaked out..."

You just pat her on the back, as she pulls away from you. She heald her head low.

"Your food might be cold by now... But its just inside your room. You should go see Shinobu." Aoi was mad at herself for lashing out at you and felt like she was going to cry now. She didn't want you to see her so she was going to leave before you could catch a glimpse of her teary eyes.

--------

You don't know why but you felt a sense of dread when walking to Shinobu's office. You had already dropped Yumi off in your room. You figured is she was upset she wouldn't want to see her.

You got there all too fast. Your head hung low and your stomach dropped. You knocked on the shoji door.

"Shinobu..?" You hopped she wasn't in there. But the door burst open as soon as you finished speaking.

The shorter girl looked almost unhinged, like she hadn't slept in days. You stressed her out that much..? Her eyes made you uncomfortable you couldn't tell what she was feeling or thinking.

"(Y/n)-chan... Where were you?" She asked as she dragged you in the office. Her grip to hard.

"I-I was walking Yumi... And Himejima and I talked for awhile.." You felt like something bad was going to happen.

She cursed him out in her mind, Gyomei and your stupid dog. She hated them both. She shut the door and walked towards you. Definitely invading your personal space. She grabbed both of your hands with a bone crushing grip.

You whimpered, as she stared you dead in the eyes.

"You didn't tell anyone? That was stupid, your an idiot you had me so worried. We all thought you got eaten by a demon."

"I'm sorry-" Again you were cut off.

"I'm not done talking don't cut me off. What if you had gotten eaten? Those demons like playing with their food you should know that by now, how many times do I have to say it before your small brain can process it?"

She was looking you dead in the eyes while saying this stuff, you felt small like a child being scolded. You felt tears well up in your eyes and you looked away.

"Look at me, your pathetic. You couldn't defend yourself against anything. You need someone to protect you." She moved her hand to your face and made you look at her. Her nails were digging into your jaw. It was painful.

"P-please stop it.." You could hardly muster it. She had such an intense look on her face and her grip on your hand and your face felt like it was burning.

"(Y/n)-chan you will not leave this estate unless I tell you you can. Got it?"

Your eyes were like waterfalls, why this sudden change of attitude? Who was she to say all this stuff..?

"O-Okay..!" She immediately smiled and let go of you.

"Good! Now you can go to bed we will eat breakfast together tomorrow okay?" She said all while whipping the tears she made.

You faintly nodded and began leaving the room.

"Oh and (y/n)-chan be a good girl and keep your mouth shut."