still together

It was just in the evening, the sun was slowly setting. You had dragged out your little trip outside as long as you could. You dreaed seeing her crule eyes again. She seemed to haunt you. She knows your still on the grounds, she knew you feared her. You wanted to continue thinking of her as a friend but just couldn't after last night.

You walked over to a tree for shade, the sun was just making you feel sick. Yumi continued to play with a stick she found, and you began to close your eyes. You were tired, you hoped you could get a good night sleep tonight.

Hissss

Huh? You opened your eyes again to see a snake with white scales and red eyes. You smiled.

"Kaburamaru! What are you doing here?" The snake hissed at you and slithered into your arms. Your very happy he remembered you. Honestly the first time you saw him you thought it would be the last.

The snake just kinda stayed in your arms, it was soothing even if he was a snake. You needed this.

Soon Yumi joined in the little hug. She and Kaburamaru had an instant bond, they are best friends.

You felt like you were going to fall asleep.. Your eyes shut on there own and you fall into a comfortable sleep.

---------

You only awoke when you heard Yumi and Kaburamaru, hissing and barking at an approaching figure. You opened your tired eyes and looked at the man in front of you. You also didn't think you would see him again but here he is. His eyes still as enamoring as ever.

"Oh its you..." He said with distaste.

"Uhm hello..." Did he dislike you? Probably. What was the reason. You'll never know.

He just stared at you for a moment before sitting down in front of you. You sat in a uncomfortable silence for a few minutes before Yumi started sniffing him. Yumi decided he was safe but needed time.

The black haired man pat Yumi on the head a couple times. But it was really awkward and stiff pats.

"You never told me your name.." You spoke up.

"Thats because you didn't need to know." He spat back.

"Well I would like to know. Would you tell me?"

...

"Its Iguro Obanai..."

"Do you remember my name?" You asked while Yumi came back up to you and sat in your lap.

"I do... Because Mitsuri won't stop talking about you, that's the only reason I remember." You had a feeling thats not why he remembered.

"Then what is it?" You teased.

"What do you not know your own name? Need to be reminded?" He teased back. You laughed at his antics.

"So why are you here Iguro-san? Are you injured?" You asked.

"No I'm not i was just stopping by, I recently had a mission with someone and had to accompany him here." He explained. "Kaburamaru seems to like you a lot as well..." He added.

"He's very friendly, I enjoy his company. I see why you always have him around." You smiled.

...

"He think your a good person to be around. He was really upset when we left the first time." He usually wouldn't even talk to you but, you were very easy to talk to and you didn't make him uncomfortable at all.

But he could tell you were uncomfortable. Was it because of him?

"Thats very sweet." You gave a soft smile and patted Kaburamaru on head. He gave a small hiss.

Obanai stared at you for a moment and thought you were kind of pretty. Not as beautiful as Mitsuri, but a close second.

"Is something the matter Iguro-san?" You tilted your head to the side.

His face heated up and he quickly looked away from you.

"I think I have to go. Give me my snake back!" He stood up and held his arm out for Kaburamaru. You held your arm out as well and Kaburamaru slithered up your arms to his and eventually sat loosely around his neck. "Thank you bye." He said a sped off.

"Oh bye!" You waved him off. He most likely didn't hear you though.

Once you couldn't see him anymore. Yumi jumped off your lap and you stood up then brushed yourself off.

Shinobu would most definitely be mad at you when you came back. You would have to leave her in the room again. Your faced grimaced and scrunched up as you walked in the mansion.

Your stomach dropped everytime you heard footsteps. You dropped Yumi off in your room and began walking back to her office.

You knocked on the door and soon after it opened. Shinobu was giving her awful smile but her face dropped as soon as she saw you.

"You were gone an awful long time. Did you have fun?" She said in a mocking tone. "Get in here." Your grabbed your wrist and pulled you in then shut the door.

She let go of you and went to sit against the wall. Just like earlier today.

"What did he need help with? I'm sure it shouldn't have taken that long." She said while approaching you.

"Muichiro was injured so he wanted me to help him patch it up." You said while looking at the floor.

"And then? It doesn't take too long to patch a cut up." She said and sat down in front of you.

"Yumi needed to go outside and I ran into Iguro-san..."

She grabbed your chin and tilted your head up to look at her. She inspected your face a little before pushing a strand of hair behind your ear. You didn't dare break eye contact now.

She smiled at you and patted you on the head. Then she came even closer and put both hands on your face a kissed you.

Her lips were soft and she smelled like flowers, but that does not change the fact that she hurt you, made you feel stupid and now kissed you without asking. You stared at her wide eyed as she pulled away. She looked satisfied with what she did and stood up to continue her work.

You blinked and pure shock and brought your fingers up your lips.

What did she want from you..?