baby you're out

When Shinobu waited at the bakery that day she wanted to ask Mai-san where you lived but she wouldn't budge. So she bought some sweets and waited for you to show up, Mai-san said you usually came around this time but you hadn't she had been waited for about an hour.

"Ah... I'm sorry you've had to wait so long.. She always comes around this time. I'm a little worried about her uhm her house is just over there," She pointed towards the trees Shinobu could see a small path in between them. "Go makes sure she's alright okay??"

"Alright I'll go see what's she's up to. Thank you Mai-san." And Shinobu quickly took off, she was kinda of excited to see what your house looked liked. You know, see where she lived.

She walked up the hill and into the trees, she wondered why you lived out of town and not in. You seemed like a nice person and the people who lived there seemed to speak highly of you. How would she know though, its not like after she arrived she asked a bunch of people about you. No why would she do that..

She saw your house it was kinda big for just one person... That worried her a bit did you have a husband? What if you did? What if you didn't even like girls? What if she was just getting worked up over nothing because you didn't like girls... She stopped walking and looked at the ground.

Even if you didn't like her the same way she liked you, you both could still be friends. Why was she thinking about that anyways she hardly knew you. She'll let you have time. She picked herself up and headed towards the house.

Shinobu stepped onto the engawa and hesitated before knocking. Something wasn't right. You weren't going to answer the door for her. She silently slid the door open and stepped inside. Shinobu the headed towards a door that was slightly opened.

She looked inside and saw you were staring at the ceiling with your curtains closed. You didn't look well. She opened the door fully and stepped inside.

"Shinobu-chan what are you doing here..?" You said weakly. Oh you sounded quite sick.

"I came here to check on you. Good thing I did you look sick." Shinobu kneeled down beside you  and touched your forehead. Gosh you were burning up. "I think you've got a fever. How long have you been like this?"

"Since last night I couldn't stop throwing up and I can't really move. Could you get me some water please?" You asked quietly.

"Of course dear." She quickly got up and left to find your kitchen and water supply. She found both, she looked in the cabinets and found a cup for you. She quickly filled the cup and went back into the room. "Here you are." She said bent down to give you your water. Oh you can't drink water on your back. She took the cup from your hands and set it down right beside your futon. She slipped her hand under your back and helped you sit up, she brought the cup up to your mouth and let you sip the water until it was all gone.

"You feel a little better now?" Shinobu asked, to which you replied by nodding. "I think your too sick to be here, maybe you should come back with me I can take care of you at my place. It also functions as a hospital."

You couldn't think properly, Shinobu knew that. If she used sweet words you would surely come back with her. And you nodded to her delight.

"Alright then do you have a paper pen somewhere?" You pointed to a dresser in the room. "Top self?" You nodded and Shinobu went to retrieve the things. She took to papers and one of the pens.

Shinobu wrote two letters one addressed to aoi asking her to send a kakushi to her location and asking her to set up a private room for you. And one addressing who ever came to visit you. "I'll be right back."

Shinobu walked outside and called on her crow to take one of the letters. The butterfly mansion was only a couple hours a way the kakushi would be here in no time. For now she could spend time with you. And maybe after you got better she would offer you a job at the mansion. She smiled to herself and walked back inside to your room.

"Alright (y/n)-chan someone will be here soon to pick us up in the mean time we should pack some things you might be there for awhile. Just leave everything to me I'll get everything ready don't worry yourself." She obviously had many clothes at her mansion for the sick and injured, but she wanted to snoop through your clothes and imagine when you would where them for her. Oh maybe you could wear some of her own clothes when you go there!!

She found a suitcase and stuffed some of your clothes in no to much though she wanted to buy you some and have you wear hers. This was all you really needed she had everything you had at the mansion and more! So she set the suitcase down by the door and sat down beside you while the two of you waited.

Truth be told Shinobu always carried medication on her and could probably give you some right now it would make you feel at least a little better. But she didn't want to give you any till you were at the mansion... She wanted to have you stay there as long as possible.

You weren't going to be conscious for much longer your eyes were starting to fall. You looked so cute like this, even if it wasn't ideal for you. No matter Shinobu will just have to rescue you from your sickness when you two arrived at the butterfly mansion!