my old man

Himejima often didn't interact with others not because he thought he was better but becasue he was busy and didn't have much free time at all. And when he did have free time he usually spent it by himself relaxing. Or he spent time helping Oyakata-sama.

(Hes so hard to write for)

A lot of people found him intimidating so most people didn't talk or interact with him. He often sobbed over the fact. Well there was the other hasira but even then they were quite busy.

Maybe he would check put the butterfly mansion and see how things there were. They were always in need of extra help, although Shinobu and her helpers were efficient it took a lot to heal someone. Even if he wasn't the best at medical care and they didn't require assistance, it was still a nice place to wined down it was usually calm and quiet there. It was good for the patients there.

As he neared the estate he could hear four pairs of feet rushing towards him. He knew three of them, the three little girls Shinobu had work for her. And the fourth... He couldn't recognize
But they sounded pretty light so he assumed it was a woman.

He could hear them say something while running.

"You girls are so fast wait up! I shouldn't be chasing you around like this I'm still sick!!""

"Oh come on a little exercise never hurt anyone!"

"Yeah the only time you went outside was to watch could with Tokito-sama!"

"Yeah! You can't even count the as exercise!"

From what he heard you were most likely a patient who's been pent up for awhile and the three girls were making you chase them for exercise.

You didn't sound like a demon slayer, in fact you sounded completely pure. No one ever sounded the way you had, not even children. It was odd everyone had sinned and everyone will sin. His eye teared up at your sound.

"Oh look!"

"Its Gyomei-sama!"

"Welcome Gyomei-sama!"

The three girls welcomed while you stared in shock. That had to have been the tallest man you've ever seen! Wow he looked so strong!

The man started crying more.

"Ah are you okay!?" You blurted out.

"Its okay (y/n)-chan don't be panicked!"

"Yeah don't worry about him!"

"He's really emotional and cries a lot!"

The girl still was panicked.

"That dosnt make me feel less bad! Are you okay Gyomei-sama??" You asked again. And the man cried a little harder at how nice and worried you were.

"Yes I'm alright little one, I pray you have a great life." The man said bringing his hands together as he prayed for you.

"Huh..?" He finished then patted your head. Your hair was so soft. He started crying again.

"Don't sweat it (y/n) he's just like that."

"Yeah you'll get used to it!"

"Eventually!" The three girls giggled and ran off again, leaving you and Gyomei-sama.

"Uhm.."

Gyomei sensed you were a little worried about being left alone with a stranger. Now that leads him to wonder who you are. You didn't have a slayer sound. Then were you a civilian? Or maybe you just hadn't started training yet.

"Tell me little one, what is your name?" Himejima asked.

"I-Im (l/n) (y/n)!" You said a little startled.

"I am Gyomei Himejima." He said and nodded. To which you nodded back, he could hear it but not see it. Maybe you didn't know he was blind... Though it was quite obvious. Himejima started crying again. You let out a started squeak.

"Are you going to come inside..? I know its not my home but the girls know you so assume Shinobu knows you.."

"Ah yes thank you for reminding me." He said, and you stepped out of his way so he could go inside. Gyomei headed inside and said his thanks to you and left to find Shinobu.

Hmm... He seemed kind he was just a bit scary at first thats all. Though its very concerning how someone could cry like five times in the span of twenty minutes.

(Y/n) smiled to herself and headed back to her room. She liked hanging out with these people but she needs to recharge her social skills, by taking a nap. She gonna have a nap.

She slid open her door and slid it closed, and then plopped on the bed. She didn't even check if it was her room she just plopped on the bed and immediately fell asleep. Good thing it was her room that would've been so embarrassing if it wasn't. Right...? This was her room right? RIGHT? WRONG!

As soon as Sanemi walked into the room he was pissed to see someone in his bed. But when he realized it was you he calmed down, and then got even more mad.

What were you doing here?? Were you hurts? How? He killed the demon that was lurking near your village and he came to see you only about a week ago. So why were you here??

He walked over to you and tried looking for wounds on you without actually touching you. He couldn't see any wounds on you except for a few small bruises here and there but that was it. Even seeing the bruises though ticked him off.

Maybe... Maybe you were sick? That had to be the reason. But even if you were just sick how did you end up here this place was really only for demon slayers. With a few exceptions. Maybe you and Shinobu knew eachother and were close... Thats the only reason he could think of.

Well if you were sick maybe he shouldn't be in the same room as you...

He slid his arms under you body and slightly lifted and moved you around so Sanemi could fit on the bed also. Sanemi lifted you on to his chest and set you down. He kept his arms around you and drifted off to sleep with you. In his arms for that moment you were his.