Womens Pt. 1

Okay, yes, I know International Women's Day was yesterday, but I was way too busy yesterday, and between exams and being sick, I am exhausted. And I just want something positive. So yeah. I'm just doing it today.  

This is part one. Because I had an idea for two different things, and only space for one in a chapter. In this I'm gonna be talking about canon fictional characters I like (and occasionally need more love.) In the next one I'll talk about female characters I enjoy on here (which, I'll admit, is probably going to be mostly from my applyfics, because I'm not 100% on talking about OCs from people I don't regularly talk to yet.

Stranger Things

I hope you know how hard it was to not just write the entire female cast. They're just very different from one another, so it's easy to find a reason to really like all of them.

Joyce Byers 

Joyce Byers 

Joyce is actually my favorite character in the show. I absolutely fell in love with her character even in season 1, and I feel like her plot has continued to grow as she goes forward. 

Season 1 - season 2 her plot was very much just "mom," I'll admit, but she still did it well. The "bathtub" scene where El is looking for Will is the one scene that really made Joyce my favorite character. Out of anyone she had the most reason to want to push El harder. They just found Barb dead, and "Will might be dead" had been on everyone's mind since he went missing. 

But instead she manages to be the first to offer El a choice. She doesn't have to look. And when she's upset and scared, Joyce risks interrupting the process by trying to comfort her. It's an insane level of motherly love, given her actual child could be endangered by it, and probably had a massive influence on El's development going forward.