Q + A (Answers Part 2)

The second part of my questions! Significantly shorter this time. I think. There's less questions, anyway, I'm writing this before I answered them. For all I know I just write a lot through the answers.

(Also, while I'm explaining, some of you might have noticed that I posted the Maywood lore chapter before this, but it comes after in the chapters. I did that so I could keep these two answer sections together, and also because I started writing this first.)

1. If you could only write one fandom, which would it be and why?

This one is hard because I think it's pretty impossible to write one fandom only and forever. Eventually I run out of ideas, for one. And even in fandoms that I get a lot of ideas, I get burnt out from writing the same characters with the same tone and probably the same plot (I'm currently having this problem with Stranger Things and The Umbrella Academy, where I've been doing stuff for it so long that I'm kind of burnt out on only writing it, even when I want to write my ideas. Among other things, but that's what applies here.)

I suppose, if I must, I would choose one that I can make a lot of ideas, especially ones that aren't connected to the main story. Eventually I'm going to want to make something different without just...writing an original story. I would also need a fandom that allows for various different tones. I don't want to write just serious stories or just casual/funny stories.

Which is why I'd probably go with The Umbrella Academy. It covers most of these ideas. There's the main plot, obviously, but there's also all of those other superpowered kids. You can write about them as adults or kids. There's the Commission and all of its various work throughout literally all of time. There's also a mix of vibes. The main plot is a story of confronting childhood trauma in adulthood, and the Commission are literally assassins, but there's very much a humorous undercurrents. The Commission assassins wear animals masks, Paradox Psychosis is a fucking fart joke, there's talking animals Just Because.

You can make a plot about someone exploring their powers in a deep way that affects their life. Or you could make an immensely goofy story where people just play around with those cool superpowers. Or you could use it as a chance to info dump about your favorite historical moments with a Commission character.

Of course, I'd just rather not write only one fandom ever, but still. That's not the question.

2. What's your ideal writing intensity? (By that I mean, would you want to be writing 24/7 all the time? Or five minutes a day?)

Honestly, I don't have an "ideal writing intensity," since it varies wildly. A lot of it is based off when I have time to write. Often I can't write for weeks, before getting a day that I can write for hours. I will admit I don't always have a consistent "I want to write exactly five minutes a day every day," but I will also admit that it would be nice to at least have some more consistency so I don't have to write all of a chapter in a day.

If I had all the free time in the world, and there was no need to adjust for work or school, I'd probably write approximately an hour a day? Maybe more or less depending on how inspired I'm feeling, but that's a good amount that lets me express most of my inspiration without getting burnt out.

To be honest, I think it's just that daily part that I like. To have time to write, possibly, even if I don't end up using it. It's exhausting to have to decide what I'm use my monthly writing day (which will maybe get me one chapter) on, to the point I often don't write when I get the chance because I don't know which story to write for.