I Feel Like There Should Be More Characters Here

Yes my return is just drawing. I am tired (and also I am still busy enough I can't write much.) Cheers! The good news is I've relatively worked out what I planned for my Riordanverse books ("relatively" because I still can't decide if I actually want to write the Magnus Chase books. I really want to write Odde's story, but trying to plan for the books is just digging up all my issues with them.)

Anyway: boom! Art!

(I was about to say "don't question Odde, it's in the plot" like I didn't just literally say I might not write it

(I was about to say "don't question Odde, it's in the plot" like I didn't just literally say I might not write it. 😭 Embarrassing.)

Of course, there's the newbie Betsabé "Bets" Paz, my Heroes of Olympus OC. Because I have forsaken my "verb-consonant-consonant-verb" format apparently. I think both Betsabé and Bets is strange compared to the other names, but it also means "daughter of the oath," which is fitting because she is the daughter of Orcus, whose origin is vague but in the Riordanverse he's the punisher of broken oaths. I ended up choosing him for two reasons:

1. He's a minor god which gives some powers, but limited ones. I like those because it makes you think creatively instead of just spamming powerful stuff, and it stands out among the 7, who are the most powerful children of the olympians.

2. There's already a legacy of Orcus — Bryce Lawrence, whose entire personality is "being evil." And it's sort of implied that that's typical for descendants of Orcus. So, of course, I decided to play with that with Bets.

And yes, I did decided to do "the Eight" plot. It looks fun, TBH, and I needed to avenge the Rick's shortchanging of the Romans (did them so dirty, it's actually criminal. 😭 And in their introductionary series, too.)

Plus, there something funny about how romance heavy the plot is, what with everyone but Leo pairing up within the group and Leo finding a girlfriend outside of it, and then...Bets. Everyone is making out and she's just over here, experiencing the horrors.

I swear, at this point writing is just like "this is my child! I love them so much! *torments them endlessly*". I am a very bad character parent. And you all keep letting me do this. Supporting it even.