Q + A (Answers Part 1)

This is only part one! I will absolutely be answering the other questions, along with any new ones people come up with in that time. But this is already kinda long and I'm running out of writing juice. Also, the Teal Mask DLC just came out and, as much as I love you guy, I'd kinda rather be doing that.

1. Pronouns

I already answered this one in the comment that asked, but I figured I would put this in here for anyone else who was also wondering.

The short answer is any. I'm comfortable with any pronouns. Literally just have fun. 

The long answer is that I'm still working that out. I grew up (and still live in) a relatively transphobic area (though they don't like to admit it), so it was always just a given that I was born female, was female, and would use she/her. Only recently then I actually consider I wasn't really comfortably with just that (which I probably should have guessed earlier, but you know how it is 😭)

2. Favorite Trope / Least Favorite Trope

Because I'm extra and like talking too much, I have decided to write about multiple favorite and least favorite tropes. 

Favorite

⸻ Found Family: Fooorrr the obvious reasons. It's very much a strong exploration of friendship (and various other relationships, but mostly friendship) and the support that can come from that, and it just gives me joy

⸻ Canon Relative OCs: To the point that I have read, admittedly low quality, fics just because I thought that maybe they would do this plot interestingly. I love when stories use this as a chance to explore canon families, especially when it's done in a way that isn't obvious/explore facets that we don't get to see in canon. Also, free sibling dynamics!!  

⸻ Superpowers: At least in books where, like, superpowers are actually part of the plot. It's just fun! Especially, again, when it's fully explored beyond just being "pew, pew, laser beam!!" (not that "pew, pew, laser beam!!" isn't fun) 

Least Favorite

⸻ The Love "Tri"angles: With the "tri" in quotes because usually it's like...two people loving one person, which really only makes one angle. Also usually it's actually two people loving each other and then a third person who loves one of them, who was thrown in for drama?? I guess?? I worded it that way because, while actual love triangles aren't my thing, it can be written well. This version is a red flag for the author not knowing another way to write conflict into their romance

⸻ Replacing Canon Characters: This is mostly a fan fiction thing, but when an OC functionally just replaces a canon character. To be honest, at this point, I have more respect for people who out right admit and remove the canon character. I mean, I'm still not going to read the book, but at least then I can see that and leave instead of getting multiple chapters in before realizing "oh, they're just replacing this canon character, aren't they?"