02

Thank you for the support on the first chapter! This chapter is technically really the first one. The first chapter was just to set the stage and this one dives right into the story.
I hope you enjoy!

*****

Chaeyoung could not believe what was happening. She was panting and dripping in sweat. She growled when she looked at the score board.

How was this happening?

They were down ten points and the game was almost over. Chaeyoung put her hands on her hips and walked around in circles. She didn’t even want to look over to her mother because she knew she would be disappointed. No one really knew what to say to Chaeyoung right now, she normally didn’t preform like this.

Chaeyoung had been doing good for the most part of the game but the other team scored an extra basket plus Chaeyoung missed her shot. She missed her shot and she was kicking herself for it. Chaeyoung wanted to blame every person around her and everything around her, but she couldn’t. This was her doing. She was responsible for leading her team down the rabbit hole.

There was no way they could get the game tied or even win. Chaeyoung closed her eyes tight and clenched her jaw at that thought. The game was 35 to 25 and Chaeyoung knew she wasn’t going to even the score at all. She was good, but she wasn’t that good and it was apparent right now as she looked at her teammates. There wasn’t much she could say, they were all doing their part but she missed too many shots to count and she cursed under her breath.

“Go back out there and do your best! We have three minutes on the clock, make me proud!” Coach Haein tried to encourage his team but Chaeyoung knew it was a lost cause but she tried her best. She had made many last second shots. It would be thirty seconds on the clock and she managed to score again and score the winning goal.

Today wasn’t that day and it sucked because Ms. Kim was sitting in the stands. It was hard not to notice the woman. Chaeyoung figured she would be the only person to show up to a game in a tight fitted dress and Chaeyoung found herself looking over to her many times.

Chaeyoung couldn’t blame Ms. Kim for her horrible playing skills today, it wasn’t her fault. Chaeyoung had no idea what was going on. Her team didn’t manage to score at all in the last three minutes. Chaeyoung growled and kicked over the water gallon and water spilled out of it. Her teammates groaned in frustration and Chaeyoung growled in it. She was breathing hard and didn’t bother looking her coach in the eye. She couldn’t get it done today and wondered what happened to throw her off.

The buzzer ringed loud In her ear, letting her know the game was over and the opposing team cheered in victory. It was a home-game today and she knew she was completely disappointed in herself. The score remained as it was and Chaeyoung grimaced at the screams coming from the other team.

“We’ll win next game.” Jennie said quietly and Chaeyoung shook her off. She didn’t mean to be rude but she wanted to be alone and started to gather her stuff. They were on a five game winning streak this season and Chaeyoung looked at the faces in the bleacher and saw how they were shocked, she would be too.

She just lost the game and not by two points, by a lot of points. Chaeyoung didn’t know what to say for herself so she didn’t say anything. She gathered her stuff up and turned around and left, not before looking at her mother first. She was wearing a frown and Chaeyoung couldn’t make out what she was thinking but a part of Chaeyoung didn’t even want to know. Lisa called out to her but she shook her head and left. She was half way to her car when she heard heels sound behind her. She was a sweating mess and her basketball jersey clung to her skin. Her hair was up in a bun and she threw on a light zip-up hoodie because there was a breeze.