27

*****

Chaeyoung listened to the tick of Jisoo’s timer as they sat side by side. They had moved to the living room as their dinner cooked. Chaeyoung looked around the room nervously while Jisoo was sitting with her legs crossed on the couch and facing her.

“Where do you want to start?” Chaeyoung asked quietly as she looked at Jisoo.

Jisoo shrugged as she got more comfortable. She took a huge breath as she stretched her legs out and put them in Chaeyoung's lap. Chaeyoung smiled, rubbing her legs up and down.

“I like what we are doing,” Jisoo finally said after silence got to be too much. “I know I’ve told you that I don't hook up with people. That’s true, but I don't think that is what we were doing. I’m hoping it’s more than that.” She explained. Chaeyoung didn't know what to expect out of this conversation, but it certainly wasn't this.

She wasn't complaining though, because Jisoo was finally opening up about how she feels. She didn't fault Jisoo for acting the way she did in Maryland. There was too much on the line.

“We've been having mind-blowing sex and it's been amazing. I know we swore it was only going to be a one time thing,” Jisoo breathed out. “But it was so much more than that.”

“Really?” Chaeyoung asked under her breath.

“Yes, Chaeyoung.” Jisoo replied.

“Me too, we've been having sex and I thought it was more than a one time thing too. It's clear we aren't going to stop so maybe we shouldn't.” Chaeyoung said boldly. She continued rubbing Jisoo's legs, giving her something to do.

“Maybe we shouldn't.” Jisoo echoed her words. Chaeyoung's heart was beating out of her chest. What was going to happen?

“So, are we together?” Chaeyoung asked awkwardly.

Jisoo chuckled, but she was silent for a moment.

“I know we wouldn't be able to actually be together,” Jisoo started off softly. “But I already told you, I would date you.”

Chaeyoung took a moment to respond, soaking this all in.

“So, does this mean I can ask you on a date? Would we just be dating?” Chaeyoung asked confused.

“I don't want to see anyone else. I just want you.” Jisoo said making Chaeyoung blush.

“Me too,” Chaeyoung said honestly. “I just want you. Always.”

“Well, you should. Because I'm delightful.” Jisoo joked to diffuse the tension.

“You are very delightful,” Chaeyoung agreed as she took a nervous breath. “So delightful that I want to take you out on a date.” She said all in one breath. Chaeyoung heard Jisoo gasp.

“Really?” Jisoo asked with wide eyes.

“I want to wine and dine you.” Chaeyoung said with a smirk.

“This is all I've wanted.” Jisoo whispered. Chaeyoung nodded because she could understand what Jisoo was saying. She just wanted to be with the teacher all the time.

“Me too. I know a place in Maryland. It's past the beach so no one would know where it is.” Chaeyoung offered.

“That sounds good to me.”

“I know things will be different back at home, but I'm glad I got to experience New York with you.” Chaeyoung said.

“I'm glad you got to see it.”

“I understood before, but now it just makes it clearer. You are very talented, Jisoo. You have so much to lose. I don't want to ruin that.”

“What I said the other day was out of line and I'm sorry. You make me feel things I thought I wouldn't again. It's scary.” Jisoo sighed.