41

*****

Jisoo knew no amount of running would get her to the closet fast enough. Why the hell did she let go of her mom? Why did she allow her mom to get away from her?

The only thing Jisoo heard was the loud smack of her shoes against the hardwood floors to catch up to her mom, but it was too late.

She had already opened the door. She had gasped and placed a hand over her heart. She had looked at Jisoo with complete and utter disappointment.

“My mom found out about us.” Jisoo muttered, she was five drinks passed not caring who heard. Her heart was completely broken and had no idea what to do.

“Wait, are you being serious?” Irene asked over the music.

Irene wished she would’ve seen it earlier, before Jisoo was well on her way to getting drunk. The girl was knocking back shot after shot, she had no idea how she hadn’t seen it.

Irene looked at the distant look on Jisoo’s face. How her eyes weren’t really focusing on one thing. How her shoulders were just a bit too tense. Whatever happened that night, Irene knew it couldn’t have been good.

Jisoo just sighed and nodded.

“Chaeyoung?” Her mother had questioned, but the only thing Jisoo could hear was the loud beating of her heart. She knew by the look on her mom’s face that tonight wasn’t going to end well.

“Jisoo, can you please tell me why the star of the basketball team is standing in your closet?” Dara asked quietly, although Jisoo knew she was already starting to piece things together.  

Jisoo looked at the terrified expression on Chaeyoung’s face and back to her mom’s disappointed one. There was no denying that Chaeyoung was the one hiding out in her apartment. There was no denying that Chaeyoung was the one she was hooking up with.

“Mom, I can explain this.” Jisoo said lowly, unconsciously balling her hands into fists.

“Do I need to kill someone, tonight? Because I will and it’s so obvious that she’s taking advantage of you. Out of the closet. Out of the closet right now!”

Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo and waited for her to nod. Chaeyoung all but leaped out of the closet and hid behind Jisoo.

Dara didn’t say anything. She glared at Chaeyoung and stared at Jisoo expectantly.

“Well,” Dara huffed. “Someone tell me what the hell is going on here.”

Jisoo knew there was no way out of this, knowing she would have to tell her mom everything that had been going on. Jisoo never thought this day would come, because she wasn’t going to let it.

She wanted to laugh at the irony of the situation. Chaeyoung was standing behind her, gripping her sides for dear life and Dara was in front of them, mean-mugging them.

“She’s my girlfriend and I’m in love with her.” Jisoo thought the best way to go about this was to be honest. She knew her mom wasn’t one for the games and would want to hear the truth.

“No,” Dara shook her head. “I won’t believe that. I won’t allow it. I don’t accept it.”

“Mom-”

“Are you going through some kind of mid-life crisis because then we really will need to get you into therapy. How could you be so stupid? How could you ruin your life like this?”