43

This chapter was getting way too long, so I have split it up into two chapters. A lot of answers will be answered next chapter and thank you for sticking by me!

I hope you guys enjoy!

*****

Chaeyoung had never really had dinner with any girl she was seeing where she introduced them to her mom. In the back of her mind, she knew it wasn’t going to last, so there was no point in introducing them to Chaerin.

The only girl that had the pleasure of meeting her mom was Hyeri, but she wasn’t around anymore. Hyeri and well… now Jisoo. Even though Chaerin had no clue who Jisoo was to Chaeyoung, she reeled the girl in and asked questions she would only ask a girl Chaeyoung was seeing. Irene had been questioned… but not nearly as much as Jisoo.

It was like Chaerin was caught in a haze, that only Jisoo and Dara could break her out of. She hardly paid attention to anything her daughter was saying, her sole focus was the brunette-haired beauty that was sitting across from her.

Chaeyoung never took her eyes off of Dara, who was sitting right next to Chaerin and across from her. Dara acted oblivious to it, not paying attention to the squint of Chaeyoung’s eyes when Chaerin wasn’t watching.

The conversation was flowing smoothly. Chaeyoung had been asked to clean the middle floor the night before. Her mom didn’t want an ounce of dust and by the end of it, Chaeyoung was completely exhausted. She did a good job though, because Dara had complimented the whole house, saying she needed to keep hers up to date like theirs. Dara worked so much, she was starting to forget what her kitchen looked like.

They were all seated around the dinner table in the dining room. They only used it when relatives came by, which wasn’t very often.

Chaerin wanted to use their finest china and the good cutlery, none of that plastic stuff that Chaeyoung swore would’ve been appropriate to use with the Kim’s. Chaerin wanted to make a nice impression and insisted on the better cutlery.

Chaeyoung set the table for six and felt relieved that Lisa was sitting next to her. Irene was on the other side of the table next to Dara and Jisoo was coincidentally right next to Chaeyoung.

“So, tell me, would you ever take your clothing line global?” Chaerin asked intrigued by Jisoo’s profession as she cut up her chicken. Chaeyoung stayed quiet, wondering the exact same thing.

“I’ve thought about it,” Jisoo nodded, taking a sip of her wine. “Right now the company isn’t worldwide which I’ve been pushing Hyunsuk to do since I started working there.”

“Hyunsuk has always been stubborn.” Dara cut in knowingly, placing a hand on Chaerin’s arm. Jisoo rolled her eyes in agreement.

“I respect Hyunsuk very much, but I want a lot of things to change once I become boss. The first thing I want to do is take this thing globally, so the short answer is yes. I still want to work on designs. I still want to be a part of this company. I don’t want to just make sure everything is running smoothly. I want this company to thrive and in order to do that, I need more investors.”

“Speaking like a business woman already.” Dara raised her wine glass, a rare proud smile stretching across her face, one Jisoo couldn’t help but blush to.

“Thanks, mom.” Jisoo said coolly, but deep down Chaeyoung knew Jisoo was thrilled her mom thought so highly of her.

“You are quite a successful woman. I can’t believe you don’t have a man… or woman hanging off your arm.” Chaerin spoke non-lethally, but had no idea the can of worms she’d just unleashed.